PDA

View Full Version : Thank you , thank you .....

Digger
12-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Been a long time plotting and planning and wanted to say thank you to Mr. Gibson's input and Bruce B's sticky full of information and everyone's word's of advice .
Went out to the range today and tried out my loads for the first time in my Garand (.308)..:guntootsmiley: ... YESSS !! , they worked nice right out of the box.

Made up the eight round clips starting out with 31 gr. of 4895 and made up four more clips of eight each at 2 gr. increments higher each clip.
Expected to be a single action to begin with but to my surprise it functioned perfectly from the start .....
Had a friend watching the action and shells where they fell , he said they ejected evenly every time and not to far away.
Put in the next clip and with 2 gr. higher , could feel the difference with a little more power and the shells were starting to eject a little erratically.
Called it good at that !
What a sweetheart shooter , now the process begins to fine tune what I have .
Used the Lyman 311299 sized to 311 , wish I could see a clean boolit after it's gone down the barrel , would love to see the results.55559

Larry Gibson
12-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Just love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!

Larry Gibson

PS Paul
12-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Larry changed my life when I read his Castpics article on castboolits in the 6.5x55. I think some of the things men like him (and others on this forum like Waksupi, Beagle, Jim, Shiloh, Geargnasher(!), Felix, Wilco,Glenn Fryxell, 9.3x62, etc.) may view as just "second-nature" to THEM is absolutely inspiring to others like me and you...... I'm certain there are many others on this board who feel the same as me since I read a lot of posts and threads thanking them. For me and many others, this thing we do is MUCH, MUCH MORE than just pourin' some boolits and goin' to the range. It is one of the very most important things in my life that keeps me grounded and allows/provides me "escape" from an otherwise very complex and over-burdened existence. Especially lately..... My hats off to you gentlemen like Mr. Gibson and the rest: firearms GENIUS, in my assessment. Any others feel like this out there??

smoked turkey
12-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Yes I am constantly amazed at the large pool of knowledge here by many and especially those you mentioned. I agree with your statement about the complexity of what we are doing here when we cast, size, load, shoot, analyze, etc. It IS rocket science. I have been helped immensely by the knowledgable folks here. Thanks to each one.

Digger
12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
One more pic .... some may not think much of her , the Garand pro's tend to put them down but this little Tanker is one nice shooting cutie ..... thanks to everyone here ..
[smilie=w:55599

ukrifleman
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
One more pic .... some may not think much of her , the Garand pro's tend to put them down but this little Tanker is one nice shooting cutie ..... thanks to everyone here ..
[smilie=w:55599

She looks a cutie to me, I had one once,until a certain Michael Ryan went on a walk around Hungerford with an AK taking out everything that moved. Not long after that, all semi-auto, centre fire rifles were banned here in the UK.
ukrifleman.