PDA

View Full Version : Best Web Sites

wv109323
12-08-2012, 08:16 PM
I am a member in a relatively new gun club. There are multiple members that are interested in learning to reload/cast boolits. What I thought I would do for these new members is put together a list of web sites and and you tube videos that would be helpful to the beginning reloader. So ,I will ask, do you know of a you tube video or web site address that should go on the list ?
I have been reloading for 30 some years and I am old school. I don't know the best web sites or videos.

waksupi
12-08-2012, 09:31 PM
This is the best website by far. The only one worthwhile, aside from CBA and LASC. I wouldn't even bother with any others.

Kevin Rohrer
12-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I also like The Firing Line, The High Road (run by the Thought Police), and The Firearms Forum. Accurate Reloading is ok.

jcwit
12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I think this site is one of the best and concur with Kevin above. rcmodel on THR is a wealth of knowledge.

dragon813gt
12-08-2012, 10:23 PM
If you own a Marlin the Marlin Owners forum is a wealth of knowledge. Just stay in the model specific forums. The political forums are really out of hand IMO.

The High Road is one of the best for general reloading info. But lately there has been a lot of misinformation on it. Especially when it comes to casting. I do my best to point it out but it doesn't seem to matter since people like to think they can only belong to one site. You also have to deal with the same questions being asked constantly. Apparently the members there know how to post but don't know how to search.

This site is by far one if the best. The amount of info here is staggering. I learn something new every day.

The Brian Enos forum is also another good one for reloading info. I don't spend much time on there anymore.

Overall you can find good info on all the sites. The ones that are dedicated to one platform/manufacturer are indispensable if you own one.

If you own a Lee Classic Cast Turret the videos on YouTube by sfliberal are really helpful.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

azjohn
12-09-2012, 12:40 AM
http://ammosmith.com/ Take a look at this site.

brassrat
12-09-2012, 12:48 AM
THR Thought Police lol the big shots get off on witty closings of decent threads while leaving a bunch of stupid threads. A common question such as 'If you could only have (one) (two) (three) (four) or (five) guns' Those are constantly going with numerous comments. :-?

farmallcrew
12-09-2012, 12:55 AM
This is the best site!!!! And KEVIN ROHRER you hit the hammer on a primer with that statement!!!!! There is a wealth of knowledge on there,specifcly rcmodel, but there are alot of folks on there that are the "thought police"

km101
12-09-2012, 02:23 AM
For reloading data Hodgdon's Data Center is very good! Conplete info on all calibers and all Hodgdon powders. As far as bullet casting, this website is head and shoulders above any others I have seen.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp