PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer Tac Pac 1911 trigger help needed

6bg6ga
12-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I purchased a new Tac Pac around last April and while it shoots as well as the Colt Gold Cup Mational Match Series 70 I owned it suffers from a rather heavy trigger pull. Does anyone here know if the trigger can be replaced with a new one that will require less than the 7lbs the factory trigger has? I have one that is extremely heavy and simply do not require a trigger this heavy. I realize I can go thru the hassle and send the gun back and maybe end up with a trigger pull of 5-5.5 lbs. I am however looking for a trigger with a 3lb or less pull.

Will Colt 1911 trigger parts work in the Sig?

KYCaster
12-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Well, I don't own a Sig and haven't had the opportunity to take one apart, but AFAIK, except for the external extractor, it's just another 1911 clone, so Colt (or any other mfg.) parts should fit.

As always, some may fit better than others and some will require custom fitting. I always consider fire control parts (trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, safety) to be custom fit parts.

Any gunsmith capable of correctly fitting fire control parts should be able to do a decent trigger job on your gun without replacing parts.

If you can't find a competent 1911 'smith in your area, contact Cylinder and Slide, they'll treat you right.

Jerry

Ferdinand
12-09-2012, 02:05 AM
For parts where it matters, I think that 80 series are compatible with Sig 1911s. Call the tech line to be sure though.

MtGun44
12-09-2012, 02:48 AM
If it takes 1911 parts, drop in an Ed Brown or Cyl and Slide sear and hammer and properly adjust the
three finger spring and you should be there.

Bill

6bg6ga
12-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll find my punches and pull it apart. The trigger pull is extremely crisp but suffers from too much pull pressure so I believe I will try a sear spring first or adjust it and try to get to 3.5 lbs.

MtGun44
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
CAREFULLY adjust the three finger spring, starting with the middle finger first. This pushes
the disconnector and returns the trigger. This may, by itself, bring it down to what you want.
Reduce the left finger with trepidation as it controls the sear. Inadequate tension here
can be unsafe. Right finger only operates the grip safety, is irrelevant to the trigger, usually.

Bill