PDA

View Full Version : What i need

pdawg_shooter
12-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Going through my mold box yesterday and I realized I have only 3 30 cal molds I use all the time. Three out of 22! These are 311466,311041, and 311284. These handle all my 30 cal. needs. These have replaced all the others I have bought. Now if I only knew then what I know now. Have to sort the rest of my calibers and see what I have there. Who was it that said "simplify, simplify"? Guess I will sort them by used all the time, used once in a while, and put away just in case.

Jack Stanley
12-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Sorting them out like that is a good idea and I may be doing that myself soon . I now have the time to use all of them a little more . I use the 311466 four cavity a lot but it is a bit of a pain inspecting all the surfaces for the quality I want . I have a 311291 also in four cavity that is a bit easier to cast with so perhaps I may use that instead . I'll just have to try it out more and see . I have a 314299 that casts to small for the thirty-one calibers I bought it for but it does real well in heavy aught six loads :coffee:

Probably one I will keep just because is an old Cramer two cavity that makes thirty caliber bullets . One cavity is a hollow point and the other is pointed . It shoots so nice and I'm betting it would be a nice hunting bullet should the need arise .

As long as I have a lever action thirty caliber , I think I'll keep the old NEI flat nose bullet . It's casts about a hundred seventy-five grains and casts so good you could almost cast blindfolded .

Jack