PDA

View Full Version : Need a trashed No.4 Enfield upper handguard

higgins
12-07-2012, 12:17 PM
I need a trashed upper (forward) handguard for a No.4 Enfield that is dark walnut. I want to cut a section out of it to try to repair a damaged place on a No.4 forearm. I want one that is broken , cracked, or otherwise in such a condition that you can part with it, and one that I can cut with a clear conscience.

I could also use a dark walnut forearm tip that was cut off when forearm was sporterized. PM what you have. Thanks

higgins
12-24-2012, 04:59 PM
still need one. Thanks

Jon K
12-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Why not...just replace it with a good one?

Jon

303Guy
12-25-2012, 07:14 AM
You should be able to find a piece of walnut somewhere - a local gunsmith might have some bits of it.

A local gunshop is selling a pretty shabby looking fore-end and top wood for NZ$350! It is dark - walnut I wonder?

MBTcustom
12-25-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm a gunsmith, and while I don't have a handguard, I do have several shades of walnut here at the shop. I have a really chocolate colored native Arknasas walnut, 3/4" thick, and 4" wide. I also have a stock blank that is about 1 1/4" thick that is a little more tan colored. If you could PM me a picture of your stock, I would be able to see if this stuff is even close to the right color?