PDA

View Full Version : Fell BACK in love with my BSA Enfield.

birch
12-07-2012, 12:29 AM
I have been in the mood to get rid of some guns that I have not shot in a while. One of the first I thought about getting rid of was my 1917 BSA Engield SHTLE. I got the ol' girl out of the safe, pulled off the stock, and cracked the bolt. I was amazed. It felt like a $3000 Sauer. It was like honey!! I then looked down the barrel and seen that it shined like a new Krieger. I set a target up at 100 yards and put 5 rounds of surplus inside 4 inches. I put up another target and 5-20oz pop bottles. I put another five on the target and knocked down all 5 pop bottles with one shot each. I then realized the gun, that was probably in at least 2 wars and countless skirmishes, has a permanent spot in my safe. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar "seen the light" moment with a gun they wanted to sell.

303Guy
12-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Mmmm .... can't say I ever wanted to sell one of my Enfields. They have such a slick action and so much history and besides that, are simply fine rifles and the cartridge itself is pretty fine too. The accuracy potential is not bad either. No, I've never wanted to sell one. In fact, I've just bought another one!

Canuck Bob
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
My moment involved my 444 Marlin. I no longer hunt and decided it was time to move it along due to medical problems. I took it out and shouldered it. It was my only hunting rifle for decades. I realized it and my No5 would stay and all the rest were not in the same league. Wanting to reload cast for the 444 got me started in casting.