PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Pressman

BoolitSchuuter
12-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Hey Pressman,

I've been cruising Ebay hoping to snipe a cheap Lyman Truline Jr. I've noticed that some have a single link and some have an additional "V" link. Is there an advantage to this extra link? Is one more "collectable" than the other?

The world wonders...

Wayne Smith
12-06-2012, 11:55 PM
The double link was the latest iteration of this little press. It is said to be stronger but remember that this is in relation to the previous model, they still are only strong enough for pistol cartridge and neck sizing rifle cases.

If you want one to use get the double link one.

No, I'm not Pressman, but I have one of the double link ones.

44Vaquero
12-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Boolit, there is lots of information on this forum about the Tru-Line Jr. It has been a popular subject around here for the last few months. I myself purchased one in the early summer and love it. Try the search function and you will be surprised at the number of posts!

Pressman
12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Wayne pretty well nails it. The later compound linkage is supposed to offer greater mechanical advantage. Probably does but when I did side by side comparisons it was hard to tell the difference.
One advantage of the compound linkage not often mentioned is how the links attach to the shellholder carrier. On the later design the pinks attach to the carrier behind the shellholder in a manner that gives greater straight-line travel and less chance of binding. For that reason I would look for a compound link model.
Ken