PDA

View Full Version : A huge load off

starmac
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
My son has been involved in a messy child custody case long distance, Alaska to Texas in which he has had to do all the traveling starting at her moms request because child custody was going to take my grandson. He has had to do multiple trips on just a day or two's notice costing him one good job as well.
FINALLY it is over he had the final hearing tuesday and has full custody (many PRAYERS answered. The kicker is she gets him three times a year for two weeks until he is 6 years old. He delivered him to her tuesday night for her to keep him until the 19'th, she called this morning and had him come pick him up. She couldn't manage to keep him ( a good mannered 2 year old) even 24 hours.

This is a big load of mine and my wifes, and I'm sure his.

Sorry just had to tell someone.

hithard
12-05-2012, 09:23 PM
First off, congratulations on the custody for your grandson, son, and you and your wife. This will surely make for a wonderful Christmas!

I'm sure you all documented her abandoning the child with the proper authorities, for future reference.

My little brother finally got his son this summer after 13 yrs. Case of the same, come get him, I can't handle it.

Merry Christmas!

starmac
12-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Yea everything is documented, including the only other time she had court appointed visitation and didn't bring him back.
I'm hoping she is done, she never wanted her son, just wanted my son, and went ballistic when he got married. She is responsible for all cost for any visitation that she gets from now on, and as far as I know she has never worked long enough to get a bus ticket across town. I don't really expect to ever see her again.

41 mag fan
12-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Ak to TX?? Your son get messed up with/ involved with my ex wife?? :kidding: Same exact thing happened with my ex wife.
She went back to TX, told the judge here in IN to let me have the kids, which i wanted regardless, and had all the money I need if needed to fight for custody.
Ex hasn't had a job long enough to buy a McDonalds hamburger, hadn't seen the kids since July 1996 or spoken to them since Sept 1999, till my daughter went down to "reunite" with her 2 yrs ago, which was a nightmare. She came back 2 mo later.
She's what you'd call a waste of life, taking up good oxygen, esp leaving a 4 and 5 yr old back then.
But she did me a favor, my wife now stepped in 6 yrs after we divorced and i've never regretted it.

Congratualtions to you and your son for getting custody.

starmac
12-05-2012, 10:12 PM
All the congrats goes to my son, It was his fight and expense for being young and dumb. lol

JeffinNZ
12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
STARMAC: Sounds like the custody decision was the right one then if she can't handle the kids for 24 hours. It's a sad thing that folk have to go through what your son did but at least it has been put to 'bed'.

Olevern
12-05-2012, 10:44 PM
you and your son have received a wonderful Christmas gift (and, although he doesn't realize it, your grandchild as well).
Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for your sons employment situation.

starmac
12-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes we are having a wonderful christmas, this combined with our newest grandkid the day after thanksgiving. A GIRL lol
A guy might be surprised what a two year old realizes, He picked him up this morning and got back to my sisters house, and said after just a few minutes he was saying he was ready to go home now. lol I think at two years old he has more flight miles than his grandfather. lol

41 mag fan
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
At least he's home now....he'll rebound and get to where thats home up there.

starmac
12-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Home has been up here since he was about 6 months old, it just had to go through the goofy, and I do mean goofy court system in Texas, because that is where she is and that is where he the baby was legally a resident when it all started. The goofy part is she had been court ordered to stay away from the baby, her mom was keeping him and they were in the process of taking it away from the mom because her daughter would come over to her house, but she could still fight for custody and cost him a small fortune between traveling back and forth and lawyer bills. He got home this morning hopefully for the last time.

smoked turkey
12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Sometimes things do go the right way. This sounds like one of those times. Yes it will be a good Christmas with much to be thankful for.

1Shirt
12-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Glad he hung in there, and that you support him. Both are blessings for the child!
1Shirt!

bayjoe
12-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Congratulations, I know it is well worth the fight to haave your family together..

WILCO
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
It's never over Starmac, until the 18th year of age. I'm glad your son has his child.