PDA

View Full Version : Recommended places to look for Star reloader?

RG1911
12-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Okay, withdrawal symptoms have set in after selling my Star during rough times. I'm looking for a Star Universal or a regular Star set up for .45ACP. Are there particular places to look, or does one depend on Lady Luck when doing a 'net search?

Thank you,
Richard

fc60
12-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Greetings,

Post a "Wanted" on the Star Reloaders Forum. One fellow I know refurbishes the machines and I machine replica dies for them. A great Forum to keep your Star up and running.

eBay is another source. Just be sure you get all the parts and accessories the machine shipped with. Most folks selling them are not shooters and are clearing out Estate items. Still, a bargain can be found.

http://www.starreloaders.com/

Cheers,

Dave

RG1911
12-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Dave,

Thank you. I checked the forum and, at the prices listed, I may just have to use the "patch" to control the withdrawal symptoms.

Cheers,
Richard

John Wayne
12-05-2012, 08:53 PM
The Stars are really in demand. Right now on fleabay is a toolhead and dies, great shape and has a bid for $500. Wow. Great machine. I am lucky enough to have one in .38.
Keep watching and don't give up.

williamwaco
12-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I once had a star with .38 & .45ACP heads.
I too lost it to hard times.

I am now back and am using one of the "popular" modern progressives.

DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU THEY ARE "JUST AS GOOD AS" THE STAR!

SWANEEDB
12-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Just keep looking RG1911, I recently came across a Star press, it was bought new in the mid 60's and had very little use, got all it came with at the time it was bought, came in a 38, I have an extra tool head set up for 45 almost, am getting what I need from the gent on the Star forum, oh ya, I also got with this setup a Pacific Pro press with all the goodies it came with new, it is a monster of a press. Getting real close to use the Star, am putting a case feeder to it. Cost of all this, well lets just say it was one heck of a deal.