PDA

View Full Version : Lee and warranty's

S&W-629
12-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Any one know if Lee has a warranty on thare molds and if so how long are thay? My brother got a 6 cav 44 240grn swc TL mold probly 10 years ago and its .0015 out of round thats bad in my book.any one have any ideas. thanks for the help.

trying2learn
12-05-2012, 12:15 AM
If memory serves I believe its the same warranty on those as the rest of their equipment. 2 years I believe. However I have heard of them fi xing things well past warranty so you may just want to call and see what they say. If I an wrong I apologoze for mis leading. However I do believe this to be accurate info. Hopefully it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GaryN
12-05-2012, 12:42 AM
.0015 out of round isn't that bad for a Lee. I would shoot it and see how it does. When you beagle a mould it is usually out by .003 or .004 and they shoot alright.

S&W-629
12-05-2012, 08:23 AM
thanks for the info i will give them a call and see. sorry about this but i put one to meany 0 in it's .015 out of round if it was 1 1/2 out i would shoot it.thanks

captaint
12-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Fifteen thou out is a ton. I would think the problem lies somewhere other than manufacture error. I would look closely at the mold faces to see if there's something like little pieces of lead preventing the mold from closing completely. Other than that, it might make a nice Christmas ornament. After 10 years, Lee may not want to discuss it. enjoy Mike

Casting_40S&W
12-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Make sure your mold is lubricated, and your concentricity will improve dramatically.

45-70 Chevroner
12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
.0015 is not a problem in my book. A good luber sizer die can fix that in a hurry. Some of my molds are off by that much. I had a six cavity lee 9MM mold that was off by at least that much and after sizing it it shot fine.

Baryngyl
12-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I can not copy/paste as it is a pic not text, but go here and read their warranty, it is pretty good.
http://leeprecision.com/satisfaction-guaranteed.html

Michael Grace

S&W-629
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
i would size them to see how that worked but i dont have a sizer and im broke "out of work" i will lub it all up and cleen it all up and try it to see if that fix the problem. I never thot to try that.and if that dont work then i will call them up and see what thay have to tell me.thanks guys for the help

pdawg_shooter
12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Someone please explain to me how a bullet shoved down a 20+ inch barrel with 20,000+ psi pressure behind it can exit in any shape other than round ? Unless the bore is not round, and then it wouldn't make any difference how round the bullet started out.

S&W-629
12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
that is a real good one i would like to know that one to if some one knows?

blackthorn
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
It may well be round after its trip down the barrel BUT---is it uniformly round for its full length??

MT Gianni
12-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Even the 6 cavities will not close properly if slammed or not evenly closed. Put it on some wood to make sure the base is square and gently close it. Run some lead through it and pay strict attention to this. It makes a huge difference inweight sorting and roundness.
The bullet should exit the bbl round, it may not be balanced and have the center point of it misaligned but it will be round.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Look to see if there is a gap when you close the mold,
there could be a spec of lead or dirt that is not allowing the mold to fully close,
also...(and this happened to me) check the allignment pins, they can move out, if they aren't set in deep enough, it can cause this same problem.
Jon

Dragoon454
12-07-2012, 10:26 PM
In my experience, Lee's customer service is hit or miss. I use a lot of their products and fortunately few issues, but have had some. It depends on who you deal with, some will apologize and then get your address and sent you parts, others want you to mail the defective parts in for evaluation, others don't want to do anything for you. Fortunately I've had fair service. You'll just have to try and see. Many times I've found it faster and cheaper to just go ahead and purchase replacement parts than to jump through the hoops that some of them want you to.

leadman
12-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Check the alignment pins and the steel sleeves they fit into. Sometimes the sleeves are installed too far and they keep the mold open just a little. The pins can do the same thing. Some lead on the mold where the handles attach has given me problems also.