PDA

View Full Version : Little Dandy on a Tru-Line Jr.

bloodyknife
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
I was doing some business with Rick at the 310 shop and I mentioned that I would like to be able to mount a Little Dandy powder measure on a Tru-Line jr. He made me an adapter that replaces the plastic nipple and screws into the turret. The LD fits the TLjr much better than the Lyman 55. If you have these two, consider this adapter a must have item.

44Vaquero
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
That's a great modification! I am all for anything that enhances these little presses. I love mine it has very quickly became my favorite.
The 310 shop is a great resource!

bb07
12-04-2012, 11:44 PM
They really are a neat little press, aren't they? And I'm thankful there's such a place as The 310 Shop to keep these great old tools alive.

44Vaquero
12-05-2012, 12:09 AM
BB, they are really one of the 1st presses to have most of the right ideas! I have added a 7/8x14 turret plate and bent the handle 45 degrees for a easier swing.
BK got me thinking about putting a C & H push button powder measure on mine.

Green Frog
12-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I was doing some business with Rick at the 310 shop and I mentioned that I would like to be able to mount a Little Dandy powder measure on a Tru-Line jr. He made me an adapter that replaces the plastic nipple and screws into the turret. The LD fits the TLjr much better than the Lyman 55. If you have these two, consider this adapter a must have item.

Is this a regular production item for Rick now? Has he announced a price for it? I would also be interested in the same type adaptor for the Lyman knock-off of the Little Dandy™, the Accumeasure™. That way I could keep it "all Lyman!" ;)

Froggie

bloodyknife
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Rick charged me $15 including shipping. He does a nice job including the bluing. Froggie, why did you have to tell me about this Accumeasure? I already have 8 powder measures, now I will be looking number 9. Are the bushings hard to find?

Green Frog
12-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Rick charged me $15 including shipping. He does a nice job including the bluing. Froggie, why did you have to tell me about this Accumeasure? I already have 8 powder measures, now I will be looking number 9. Are the bushings hard to find?

It was only made for a few years, and that's been 15-20 years ago. The measure came with 3 rotors, and there were about 12 more. Some of them with the smaller charge holes were double drilled to give two different charge weights from one rotor. I bought one then got lucky to find the complete set of the rotors in the special box Lyman made for them. The rotors are somewhat hard to find, but I see the measures on flea-Bay fairly often. Wonder where all the rotors went... :confused:

Froggie