PDA

View Full Version : Hollowpointmolds?

Steel185
12-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Hollowpointmolds.com

anyone every get one of these made or buy a used one? There are a lot of used 2 cavity molds and i was just curious of anyone experience with them.

Lefty SRH
12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I haven't bought any of his molds but he has modified one of my molds. Eric a great guy to deal with, VERY helpful.

Oreo
12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I've only heard good things about them but I think they're too expensive. When I weighed all the different options for getting a hp mold the obvious choice was to draw it up myself and organize a group buy with Miha doing the production. The result was waiting almost a year but the molds are excellent and cost a mere 20% of having them done anywhere else. That was for a brass, 4-cav, custom designed boolit & hp pins.

Humbo
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Eric does very high quality work and is a joy to do business with.

cbrick
12-04-2012, 07:19 PM
I give Erik the highest possible recommendation.

He has worked on many molds for me and without exception each one was perfection. His turn around time is also very good and he stands behind his work 110%.

Rick

white eagle
12-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Eric does very high quality work and is a joy to do business with.
+1 never ever had anything but good to say bout Erik and his talented creativity

JeffinNZ
12-04-2012, 07:33 PM
.....but I think they're too expensive.....

Really? I think his rates are really cheap. Just consider the set up time to make sure the HP pin hole is DEAD centre.

He did a 225462 for me. Brilliant job.

Wolfer
12-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I think his prices are very reasonable, turnaround time is fast. Have no idea about warranty, everything he's done for me has been very good.

Oreo
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Really? I think his rates are really cheap. Just consider the set up time to make sure the HP pin hole is DEAD centre.

He did a 225462 for me. Brilliant job.

I'm definitely not saying the work done isn't worth the price. It's just that for the price of having him do one or two cavities, not counting the cost of the mold, a Miha gb mold is every bit the quality and I got all four cavities as hp's and that of course includes the price of a very high quality mold.

Perhaps the better way of looking at it is that if a gb mold suits your needs the price is that good.

MtGun44
12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
The guy that thinks it is too expensive has no idea what it takes to do this
level of work on preexisting molds.

OK - just read the clarification - apparently typing while I was - Miha's molds
are absolutely first rate also. But if you have a mold you like in a Lyman
design already in stock - I think Erik is definitely "the man". I have seen
some of the single cavity duplication of Lyman style HP pins done by
Buckshot and the pics show superb workmanship, although I have
not had him do one for me - yet.

Erik does extremely good work, excellent designs of his new versions.

I have had several molds done in Cramer style and give Erik my highest
recommendation. I also have a number of Miha Products Cramer molds
and they are truly works of mechanical art and cast wonderful boolits.
We are truly living in the golden age of cast boolits - and LARGELY due
to the info exchanged here on this board by the talented experts that
hang out here. :drinks:

Bill

HATCH
12-04-2012, 08:30 PM
For people that want to HP a master caster mold, he is the only option.
I am about to send a 158 gr swc to get HPd

tomme boy
12-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I had him open up a 2 cavity Lyman mold for me last year. It was just a little too small yet, and a little out of round. I thought it was OK for the out of round as it would take care of it when sized. He said to send it back as he would not accept it being that way. I sent it back to him, he opened it up a little more and said he had a little slop on his table. He rebuilt the table and re did the mold. It came back perfect. He even refunded 1/2 of the money and refunded the shipping both ways.

He is a VERY honest and trustworthy man and I will do business with him when I need it.

HARRYMPOPE
12-05-2012, 12:14 AM
He started the new "hollowpoint your mold" revolution and others have followed.The Cramer with circlip is his baby copied by others,the original didn't have them.(he has one of my originals)His work is fair priced and is is the deal of the century.He does not make them from scratch but has to set up each mold and do custom work.He is an example of how a business should be run,no excuses sob stories or production delays.

George

Piedmont
12-05-2012, 05:40 AM
I had Erik do several HP molds for me and I have several Mihecs. The Mihec molds are the best bang for the buck in multiple hollow point molds. However, my best HP molds are those done by Hollowpointmolds.com. Of course I sent him good molds to begin with, but **** (the bars) doesn't come unscrewed and the bars slide in and out easily and Eric must know secrets of HP pin taper because you don't have to beat them to death to drop their bullets.

Erik is the man! BTW his inset bar HP set up is better than the standard Cramer type.

Jack Stanley
12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I've had two molds done by Erik . The first he traded work for some molds that I had , so you could say he will "work for molds" . The second I bought from the sale page here and had the man ship it to Erik instead of me . Erik did the work and shipped it here saving me some shipping cost . My shooting pal who is a machine repairman and writes the programs for the machines is pretty impressed by the work as well .

If I need anther hollow point mold , I know who to call .

Jack

fatelvis
12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this Guy! I've got a couple moulds that'll be going to him soon!

fredj338
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I also have not bought any of his molds but Erik's has done several mold mods for me. His work is top notch for a very reasonable price.

HARRYMPOPE
12-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I had Erik do several HP molds for me and I have several Mihecs. The Mihec molds are the best bang for the buck in multiple hollow point molds. However, my best HP molds are those done by Hollowpointmolds.com. Of course I sent him good molds to begin with, but **** (the bars) doesn't come unscrewed and the bars slide in and out easily and Eric must know secrets of HP pin taper because you don't have to beat them to death to drop their bullets.

Erik is the man! BTW his inset bar HP set up is better than the standard Cramer type.

He does them better than anybody.They just slide........

williamwaco
12-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Ditto.

I have not bought one of his molds but he has done modifications for me.
I would trust him with any mold I own.

I would not hesitate a minute to buy anything he is selling.

( No he is not my brother. )