PDA

View Full Version : Busy Day Today

TKG
12-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I got to try the Redding T-7 today. Resized and belled 400 45-ACP cases. I like this press so far. With all the dies in the turrent set where they should be you don't waste any time changing dies. The real chore was pan lubing 400 230 gr. cast boolits. I want to size them down to .452 tomorrow. I never knew it took so much time to feed a .45. My Grandson has one also and man, does he like to hear it go bang, bang, bang. Guess I'll be looking for boolits next. Load on.

zuke
12-03-2012, 09:46 PM
That's why I went to a tumble lube design.

btroj
12-03-2012, 09:51 PM
A Star makes handguns much easier to feed.

Wayne Smith
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Grandson, eh? Sounds like he needs some lessons in casting and lubing and reloading!

L Erie Caster
12-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Grandson, eh? Sounds like he needs some lessons in casting and lubing and reloading!

+1 You want to shoot it, you got to load it

41 mag fan
12-04-2012, 09:41 PM

+1 You want to shoot it, you got to load it

+2 on that. Besides getting some quality time with him ,you might just start the spark needed to ensure a future of guns and reloading and casting for his generation.

r1kk1
12-05-2012, 06:49 AM
+2 on that. Besides getting some quality time with him ,you might just start the spark needed to ensure a future of guns and reloading and casting for his generation.
+3

I have fond memories of loading shotshell in the basement with my uncle. Punching tons of wads out of different things and slowly graduating through the rest of the process.

Take care

r1kk1

TheDoctor
12-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Started my boys reloading. Gives them the idea of not to waste. Especially on the range trips where it's blam blam blam, as fast as they can load and shoot, making groups that my shotgun will beat! Average first time for each of them, doing rifle, took 3 1/2 hours for 20 rounds. Told em if that was too slow for them, I would break out my old hand crank case trimmer, and see how long THAT would take them! Also started getting them to lube/size my boolits. Only thing I will not let them do is cast. They suddenly understand why I would get a little ticked with them just burning through ammo. Then I started showing them component costs. Then how much some j words cost. For a "everytime you pull the trigger" total of time and money. They seen to take their time and try to make their shots count now! But they do enjoy loading. I intentionally will break a rule, and they always catch me at it. They know to keep an eye on which primers I put on the bench, which powder, and boy do they let me know it if I put a second can of powder up there!

Wayne Smith
12-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Excellent, you are doing it right!