PDA

View Full Version : 6 milloin lbs of black in La.

Cactus Farmer
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
6 million lbs of improperly stored HB in Minden,La. They could have called us and we would have been happy to remove it and put same to good use in our rifles. Sigh........

Texantothecore
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Turns out it was M6 a military powder used for artillery.

zuke
12-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Winchester can still recycle it

Buzzard II
12-09-2012, 10:35 PM
A little is good, a lot is better and too much is just enough!

farmallcrew
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Get in your pickups and take trailers, lets go!!!!!!

Hip's Ax
12-10-2012, 07:53 PM
M6 is smokeless.

John in WI
12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
wow--6million pounds?
I worked as a chemist for a while at a retired munitions plant here in WI. One day something slipped through the cracks. They would "decontaminate" old machines and things by placing it in this enormous oven. It would remove explosives residue, and then it would be safe for scrapping.

One day something slipped by the inspection and it seems like somewhere around 400# of double base got in to it. I was about a half mile away at the lab and the earth just shook for a minute. We ran outside and there was a mushroom cloud.

Fortunately the plant actually planned for this kind of thing and the furnace was behind big berms and controlled by computer. Needless to say they were cleaning up chunks of metal for hundreds of yards. Thankfully nobody was hurt (except probably for some egos!).

John Boy
12-10-2012, 09:33 PM
M6 is smokeless.
Ain't an ounce of black powder mixed in with the M6 and the other giga zillions of smokeless powder scattered around their facility

cajun shooter
12-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Being a very devout BP loader and shooter and Louisiana resident I was quite upset by the local news reports describing the M6 as a very dangerous Black Powder.
These news persons should take at least one minute to verify the information they give out to the public. If a John Doe was to give the same erroneous reports, he would be fired, but they don't even have to admit they screwed up and provided false information.

zuke
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Being a very devout BP loader and shooter and Louisiana resident I was quite upset by the local news reports describing the M6 as a very dangerous Black Powder.
These news persons should take at least one minute to verify the information they give out to the public. If a John Doe was to give the same erroneous reports, he would be fired, but they don't even have to admit they screwed up and provided false information.

Being honest and accurate does not bring up the rating's.
Look at the latest shooting and all that's going on there.

Goatwhiskers
12-17-2012, 03:05 PM
My local newsie referred to the stuff as "smokeless black powder". I e-mailed him and explained the difference--never did hear back. Guess it wasn't exciting enough. GW

RMulhern
12-25-2012, 12:29 AM
More than that....and 98% of 'em are on welfare, food stamps, med cards, subsidized housing and electrical bills!!