PDA

View Full Version : R. Block Tang Screw

smokemjoe
12-01-2012, 03:50 PM
My RRB stock is a tag loose. A 43 spanish. Years ago someone center punched the bottom side and you can not get the tang screw to come out. The top is burged up also. I would like to tighten the stock up, how can I get this bolt out, A screw driver will not do it as is. Thanks- Joe

enfield
12-02-2012, 09:46 AM
if you want to save the screw, mig weld the top to have something to vice grip with, then when its out, mig weld it more and file it and cut a new slot with a hacksaw, ive had to fix a lota buggered screws that way.

Jonnytoobad
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM
You can also drill and tap a hole in the top of the screw for a smaller screw with a left hand thread...and when you tighten it you can turn out the old screw.

TCLouis
12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
What is the thread size and style for the tang screw on the Remington Smokeless action

Mooseman
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
When screws are staked like that I use a hammer type impact driver and the CORRECT bit to fit the screw properly. In some cases , I have had to step drill the end of the bolt down the center until it is thin enough to for the threaded section to collapse as it is removed. This minimizes damage to the receiver threads because screws are replaceable.

smokemjoe
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
This is the black powder action in 43 Spanish, Someone center puched the bottom of the tang bolt and the top is still okey to turn out if it would, the thead size on my other as same RRB is like 26 or 27 thread. butnot a 28.