PDA

View Full Version : Alox/beeswax for lube

Nobade
06-21-2007, 08:33 AM
In the past I had been making up BP specific lubes to try, and have a lubrisizer dedicated to them. Then last weekend I got lazy and tried lubing up 10 bullets in my regular lubrisizer that has Javelina 50/50 in it. In the 45-70 Buffalo Classic using Goex CTG and those bullets, I got a group as tight as anything I have ever gotten with that rifle, about 1 1/2 inches at 100M, and the bore stayed nice with no hard fouling. I thought this wasn't supposed to work! Is it common to use this lube or does anybody know any problems with using it with BP? I did notice Pat Wolf says it's fine to use in the Trapdoor, which is what got me to try it in the first place. (That and not feeling like getting the other luber out and changing dies.)

highwallbo
06-29-2007, 08:21 PM
I add Alox to my B/P lube which is equal parts olive oil and bees wax. It is very stable in the hottest weather and really stays soft in the barrel. I have seen an improvement in accuracy and fouling control. Both of my Sharps .45-2.1,.40-70 2.5 shoot sub MOA @ 100 yds.
I would add it and not think about it again.

Springfield
07-06-2007, 03:03 PM
So where can we get ALOX to mix in without buying Javelina lube?

45nut
07-06-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/index.html :drinks: