PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 1894C Problems??

jdhenry
06-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Anyone else here have any problems with your 1894c Cycling boolits? I bought my wife one and it jammed the first time out. Then mine started to jam the same as hers a week later:( I figured it was just the boolit so I played around with reloads and factory loads. The same thing every time Shoot one maybe two then JAM!!!!! Get out the screwdiver and push the boolit back in to the Feed tube then cycle again shoot and cycle the action and JAM again :mad: Till now I swore by Marlin, Now I am wondering if this may be a cronic problem with the 1894c????
Any help would be GREAT.....oh yea I tried .38sp and .357mags ............38sp was the worst and .357mags weren't as bad but still jamed.

NickSS
06-21-2007, 04:28 AM
I bought one that caused me problems with feeding the chamber had a really sharp edge and as the cartridge fed into the chamber at a slight angle which was enough to let the edge scrape the side of the case about a 1/4 inch from the case mouth. I fixed it by stripping the action and using a fine ceramic rod to polish the edge of the chamber to get rid of the sharp edge. Now the rifle feeds normally without a problem.

Four Fingers of Death
06-21-2007, 09:00 AM
The only problem I have had with my 1894 since I got it a couple months age is getting to the range to shoot it. I won't sell my Rossi 92 until the 1894 proves itself though.

fishhawk
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
only problem i had with mine was trying to use full wadcutters in it, cartrige stop didn't stop wadcutters, after i went to semiwadcutters and round nose i have had no problems

txbirdman
06-21-2007, 09:59 AM
I think what you have is a fairly common problem with Marlin's called "feeding two". Here's a website that may help you fix that problem (www.marauder.homestead.com). There's a lot of good info about Marlin's there.

fourarmed
06-21-2007, 02:01 PM
You might find that the problem is case-brand related. I have also observed that working the lever rapidly seems to help with this problem.

HCL
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Another really good place for info is the below site:
A bunch of good folks to talk to also.
From what I have read about this, it has something to do with the carrier letting two out of the mag at the same time. Apparently Marlin has a fix to this, of course you have to go through the pain of sending it in.
I have a 1895gs, 1894ss, 1894c, have not the problem myself, but like I said, lots "O" info on the below site.
Hope this helps.
Mike

http://marlinowners.com/

jdhenry
06-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Thanks for all the ideas!!!!! I'll have to check in to all of them, Hope one of them work. I love mine and my wifes 1894's They are fun and cheap to shoot!!!

Fishhawk::::: I had the same problem with wadcutters then I came across a lyman#358495 mold and it cycles, and shoots great. if you have the Lyman cast boolit book it has a pic. on page 266.