PDA

View Full Version : Star hycar washer hardware store alt?

boltons75
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
While I'm waiting, impatiently, for my new hy car washer to show up free of charge from magma. I was wondering, is there a quick alternative that I can find in my local hardware? Just so I can play with my new toy instead of just looking at it. :beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ReloaderFred
12-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Not that I've found, but then I only did a cursory search of my local hardware store. The new hycar washers from Magma are made of nylon, and seem to hold up better than the old rubber ones.

Hope this helps.

Fred

boltons75
12-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Figured it out, researched the forum enough and found the temp solution until my hycar shows. Toilet to tank washers and bolt kit, 5 bucks and the rubber washers fit. So I can sizer some boolits up now in a star. :cool::beer:

badluther
12-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I ended up using some thin rubber from a car matt and a washer. The plan was to order a hycar but I never got around to it. My ghetto washer rig works fine.

dragonrider
12-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I wonder if a peice of leather might work.????

ReloaderFred
12-06-2012, 12:31 PM
One of the used Stars I bought had a leather washer, backed by a rubber washer. Lube went everywhere past the washers. A new Hycar washer from Magma restored it to proper working order.

Hope this helps.

Fred

6bg6ga
12-14-2012, 07:15 AM
If you happened to own a lathe you could machine a groove for an o-ring which would probably work as good as their Hycar washer.

boltons75
12-14-2012, 08:39 AM
If you happened to own a lathe you could machine a groove for an o-ring which would probably work as good as their Hycar washer.

If only I had a lathe, though it could be an idea for some of our capable machinists on here. Maybe to offer a replacement piece with grooves...... anyone?