PDA

View Full Version : Which Accurate mold for Beowulf have you used? How about this one?

xacex
11-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I have been searching for a good Beowulf boolit, and it doesn't look like Mihec is doing a re-run of the 502 H/P that I like any time soon. So I noticed Accurate Molds has quite a selection of 50 cal gas check projectiles to choose from. I really don't need a hollowpoint with this beast anyway after doing some experimenting with it. But what I do want is a better B/C than a Coke can! So has anyone used, or know anyone who has tried the Accurate 50-320S? Looks like it might work better that all of the huge meplat bullets I see for this round. Any thoughts? 54972

xacex
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM

This boolit weighs in at 335 grains a little heavier than the 320 grains in the last boolit. My concern it the long gas check shank, and what gas checks will fit. If I have to use Hornady gas check instead of aluminium that is fine. This is a territory that is new to me. I have not cast boolits this big for a semi auto before. It seems that the nose of the boolit needs to be a below .695 to fit in the magazine from what I read about the John Ross alley cleaner. These are around .40 from crimp groove to nose.