PDA

View Full Version : Ultradot on a S&W 57

Roundnoser
11-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I have an Ultradot on my SW 57 which I plan to use for deer season. Yesterday, I replaced the battery with a fresh one. -- Can I leave the scope "on" all day while I hunt? If I leave it on all day (12 hours), how long will the battery last?

Thanks

bobthenailer
11-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I really dont know for sure , it also depends on what intensity # it is left on . i would SWAG it and say it would last at least 12 hours on the high #10 setting .
Ive left my Aimpoints on for a week and they still worked fine but they were on a med to low setting . just carry a spare 2032 battery! as you should do for any device when out & about

subsonic
11-30-2012, 06:46 PM
You probaby *can* leave it on for 12hrs, but I only turn it on when I'm expecting a shot. No sense in having it on while walking out in the dark, etc. Last year I didn't turn it on until I shot my deer.

Mine accidentally stayed on level 1 for a couple of days in the safe and I'm still using that battery today. Mine still has the original battery.

tomcat388th
12-01-2012, 09:03 AM
I leave my tasco dot sights on all day But i do carry a extra battery just in case

Combat Diver
12-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Ultradots are rated for battery life of 20-4,000 hrs. Large varibles here depending on setting and ampentient air tempeture. I'm with Bob here, just carry a spare. My aimpoints have lasted years in and out of the safe.

CD