PDA

View Full Version : Finally

white eagle
11-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Well I finally connected
I was in the muzzleloader season here in Wis.
a charge of 80 black followed by one of Tom's REAL Boolits in 54 cal 385 gr.?
we had an very overcast day so the morning was darker than normal and very windy
had 4 deer bust into my field and head for the wood line
It was dark but definite shooting time hours
I was having one heck of a time finding my front sight through the aperture of the peep but I found it and fired @ a doe facing me 50 yds distant ......Missed :(
well they all scatter and I wait a bit then start the loading process and having thought that I blew it again I look out in the field and there is a lone deer standing there ...well now I have a sense of urgency trying to load this rifle (powder,seat boolit,short starter,ram rod then seat cap) with out getting busted
well I finally did and I finally got my front sight on the deer and lit up the charge and I here the most wonderful sound of the boolit smashing into deer @ 50 yds.
it made it maybe 30 yds and expired
yeah I know no pics but I didn't have a camera .....
now I can at least have some fresh meat in the fridge for a bit

jabo52521
11-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Way to go, Eagle!!

Hamish
11-30-2012, 12:54 PM
"well now I have a sense of urgency trying to load this rifle"

(smile)

L Ross
11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Good job White Eagle, your persistence has paid off. That'll make that venison all the more appreciated throughout the year.

Duke

PS Paul
11-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Great story! Congratulations on the deer!

**oneshot**
11-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Gotta love the smell of blackpowder in the morning. Congrads on the deer.

RugerFan
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Good deal!

Bob Krack
12-01-2012, 03:55 AM
Congrats David,

Bob

white eagle
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
went out today
kinda raining drizzle kinda day
at the end of the hunt I normally shoot my rifle to clear the charge out of the barrel...guess what ???
yep all I heard was the sound of a cap gun......sure glad I didn't see anything this evening
I did see a fork horn this a.m but just when he would have cleared the tree I would have had a 30 yd shot broadside but after hearing the hammer being cocked he decided to walk directly away from me taking my shot opportunity with him...Oh well thats hunting

smoked turkey
12-01-2012, 08:41 PM
white eagle nice hunt you are having. It is frustrating when they seem to know you are there and don't cooperate. It is nice to be seeing some though. And good deal that you did already connect on one so the pressure is off a little bit. Congradulations.

Boerrancher
12-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Great job on the hunt sir. I am glad to hear of other folks getting to put away some meat for the winter.

Best wishes,

Joe

TXGunNut
12-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Good job, especially the reload under pressure! Thanks for sharing it with us.