PDA

View Full Version : adjustable night sight experience

45fan
11-29-2012, 03:21 AM
Anybody have any experience with adjustable night sights on a Taurus 1911? I want to replace my existing 3 dot sights for some adjustable night sights. Want to pick your brain if you have any experience putting these type of sights on the Taurus. What sights did you choose and why, how do you like them, would you choose different sights if you were to do it over again...etc. Thanks all.

Dan Cash
11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Anybody have any experience with adjustable night sights on a Taurus 1911? I want to replace my existing 3 dot sights for some adjustable night sights. Want to pick your brain if you have any experience putting these type of sights on the Taurus. What sights did you choose and why, how do you like them, would you choose different sights if you were to do it over again...etc. Thanks all.

Each to his own my friend, but it looks like you are creating a problem that is already solved. Any adjustable sight is prone to failure but for target work, the risk is acceptable. Your fixed 3 dot sights, if they are Tritium dots, will provide all the precision you will ever achieve in the dark and they will not move or disassemble themselves at the worst possible moment. If your load is impacting a few inches high or low at 20 yards or so, it will not make any difference in outcomes at night.

rexherring
11-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I have a Taurus Millenium Pro .45 and hated the two dot type sights. Couldn't get it on paper at 15 yds. so I replaced them with Williams Firesights. Easy to get a good sight picture now and shoots fairly good for a compact .45. The front sight is a little high and I would replace it with a lower sight if I carried it everyday.