PDA

View Full Version : Keltec .380 FTF

fecmech
11-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Guys--My KT .380 is now a problem child. When I bought it new, no problems, function was 100%. After about 1500 rds I noticed a crack in the top of the slide about 6 mos ago and called KT. They said send in the old slide and barrel and we'll send you a new one which they did no charge. I didn't do anything with the gun till this past week and started to shoot it. It will feed RN ammo 100% but it now won't feed my RD RNFP's from a full magazine. When the mag gets down to 4 rds the gun is then mostly reliable but will always FTF the first 2 shots of a full mag. Bullet noses are hitting the feed ramp in the middle both vertically and horizontally but just stop there. If I push the slide they will chamber. Ammo is loaded near max and at the OAL that fed in the old barrel 100%. I tried oal changes but no joy. Also even factory RNs will hang on the feed ramp if I let the slide go into battery slowly. Feed ramp is smooth. I don't have another mag to try but this one gave 0 problems till the change. I'm wondering if the feed ramp angle is wrong on the new barrel?? If the recoil spring (new with slide & bbl) is weak?? What's the gun trying to tell me here?? Any suggestions??

MtGun44
11-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Send the whole thing back to them to fix. Their reputation is to fix the gun as much as it
needs. Seems as if something else is wrong, the nosediving seems like it may
be magazine related. I have a P3AT and PF9 and they both work pretty well,
although the PF9 somehow extrudes a ring around the firing pin hole with my handloads
(reduced twice) that work perfectly in 5 other 9mms. So - I only shoot WW white box
in it, and it works fine with factory, primer look absolutely normal. Handload primers
look totally normal in other guns, so can't figure it.

Good luck, I'll bet they will make it good.

Bill