PDA

View Full Version : Got to meet Bad Water Bill Saturday

41 mag fan
11-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Me and the wife took a trip to Chicago Saturday to spend the night and watch the Bears and Vikings game Sunday.
But we got to meet George, aka Bad Water Bill, at Cabelas on our way up.
Nicest gent you'll ever meet. I enjoyed meeting up with him, even if he was walking circles around me, due to my knees hurting!!

Funniest thing though...on the sly joking, I was waiting in the parking lot, looking for a brown bearded fella to come riding in on a mule, and instead he pulls up in a white pickup!!!

But we was going to go eat at a local pizza house, George recommended, but on the way up our plans got changed, my wifes best friend and her husband whom we haven't seen in 3 yrs from Lafayette decided to drive up to Chicago and join us at Ginos East. Felt bad about the change.....

But i met another member on here, and am looking forward to sometime this early spring, I'll make a trip up again and me and George can get together and do some shooting, and this time eat at the pizza place he recommended!

On a side note...it was either Ginos or Arbys me and the wife got sick on, made the game miserable to watch, and the trip home even worse. Wife drove home, thankfully, I slept from 3:30 in the afternoon, till 7am this morning. Still pretty quesy... be the last time I eat at a Ginos or Arbys for that matter

MtGun44
11-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I used to get debilitating headaches 30+ yrs ago from eating at Arbys, gave it up, never had another
one. Apparently they have some spice or additive that does not work in my system.

Bill

Recluse
11-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I used to get debilitating headaches 30+ yrs ago from eating at Arbys, gave it up, never had another
one. Apparently they have some spice or additive that does not work in my system.

Bill

You're not the only one.

The first Arby's in Lubbock opened up across from Texas Tech University when I was in college. Tried it several times and every single time, I ended up in an emergency clinic getting a Demerol/phenergan shot--not to mention heaving my guts up.

A couple of years ago, I tried one of their basic roast beef sandwiches and within a couple of hours, was at an after-hours clinic getting a shot.

I'm with you--there's something in their basic makeup that I'm allergic as hell to.

:coffee:

starmac
11-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Well I'm glad you had the chance to meet him. I generally avoid chicago like the plague and will sometimes drive quite a few miles out of my way to avoid it and it's tolls. lol

When I do have to deliver or load in chicago, I tend to stay several miles out and go in just in time to get my business over with, the only truckstops I have ever found there want you to pay for a parking lot worse than many county dumps I've been to.

Blacksmith
11-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Years ago i had a dog that was a stomach on four legs and would eat anything. I once offered him some Arby's roast beef and he wouldn't touch it, I haven't eaten there much since.

41 mag fan
11-27-2012, 10:23 AM
What we ate at Arbys was the turkey sandwich. My wife and I both got one, plus I got a roast beef sandwich. Ate the roast beef and 1/2 of the turkey, gave the other 1/2 to my wife.
At Ginos, we took some buffalo wings and 2 slices of pizza back to the hotel and put it in the fridge there. Ate the breakfast of champions sunday morning. Slice of pizza, some buffalo wings and tailgated a few beers before the game.

I was sick though at the game, my wife was tired and so so, but she was so excited about watching her Vikes play, she wouldn't know if she was getting sick or not. We stopped in Terre Haute on our way home and ate at Arbys, about 6:30 pm. When we got home, is when it broke loose, I went to bed and I guess my wife started getting sick not too long afterwards.

I still feel bad though, we got our plans changed like we did, and had to change them with George. We hadn't seen Chrissy and Shawn in 3 yrs, and Chrissys birthday was the 23rd. We used to always get together on each of our birthdays for yrs on the closest weekend to celebrate, but the last 3 yrs have been hectic trying to get together.

Starmac,
We actually enjoyed the City. Big experience for us 2 that live in the sticks by contrast. Just the clothing we wore alone, as compared to what everyone up there had on was different. Would we want to live there...hell no. But we were in the better part of the city, and it was something different for us to experience.
We did make a wrong turn, I believe at S Shore or something like that, looking for Ginos (was going the wrong way). We were getting close to a 1/4 tank of gas. wife was driving (mistake #1), and we ended up in the "hood" (as the hotel clerk told us).
Talk about feeling a little out of our comfort zone.... and wishing I had packed like I normally do.
I told my wife, you turn this truck around real fast in a parking lot, or you stop right here in the road and slide over and let me drive. Needless we got out of there real fast.

starmac
11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
LOL You make a wrong turn in a truck in chicago, and you are likely to have to back out because of some railroad bridge.
I really didn't know there was a good part of chicago. lol
I don't care much for large crowds but do enjoy enjoy high school games and the occasional college ball or hockey game, but just not into the pro's.
I am the same way with racing, I love the small town dirt tracks, but care nothing about nascar.
I have never loaded or unloaded in chicago on a nice day, I guess it is just my luck, but it seems like every time I have been there it was either raining or snowing with plenty of wind.

Bad Water Bill
11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
WOW after that weekend you may NEVER want to come to this end of Illinois ever again.

With all of the other things going bad I can see why you did not mention that your wifes team also got BEATEN.[smilie=s:

Well there will be other days come spring and summer to make plans for.

41 mag fan
11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
WOW after that weekend you may NEVER want to come to this end of Illinois ever again.

With all of the other things going bad I can see why you did not mention that your wifes team also got BEATEN.[smilie=s:

Well there will be other days come spring and summer to make plans for.

Might be why my head was pounding, evertime the Bears scored, I got thumped on the head by that evil eyed woman.
I knew I should of bought separate seats on opposite ends of the stadium