PDA

View Full Version : Bullshop NASA lube

Buzzard II
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Hello to all.
I just got an e-mail from Daniel. I hope this helps someone else to contact him. NASA lube $17.50 lb plus shipping. I'll be ordering mine when he lets me know shipping cost.
The Bull Shop
P.O. Box 245
Saco, Mt. 59261
bullshop@nemont.net

Chill Wills
11-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Honest question here.
There are a lot of lubes out there for use with BP. Can you compare and contrast NASA with the best of the rest?

Buzzard II
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
I like to experiment, so this is the first time I'll be trying NASA lube. Daniel moved from Alaska, so it took me awhile to find his e-mail and address. Anyone care to add some input on NASA lube?
Bob

cajun shooter
11-26-2012, 09:55 AM
There are tons of info on Dan and Tina's products in the search section of the BPCR forum. To give you a very brief statement, It's as good or better than a lot of the various BP lubes.
I shoot nothing but BP 100% of the time and like others i have tried making my own lube. My lube works fine for certain conditions but It is expensive to make.
NASA lube as I said is one of the best all around lubes that I have ever used and I keep myself well supplied.
If you do a search as I said you will find where some of the best BPCR shooters we have on this forum have tested NASA under various conditions and received good results.
It does the same as the other lubes in that a person may have a 34 inch barrel Sharps in a large caliber and have a different result than someone like myself who is shooting in humid climates.
Kenny Wasserburger shoots where the humidity may be at 18% and that is where ÄLL LUBES" need help.
Don McDowell who is one of our top BPCR shooters has changed over to NASA after trying it out.
I have used it for 5 years and was a convert from the start. I have no reason to try nor use any other lube as it takes care of all my needs.
Dan and Tina are also very nice people to deal with.
If you are casting then you also need to use their product Bullplate as it is the top mould lube made.
They have many copycats that have sprung up because of the time they were with out production with the move from Alaska. The Bullplate and NASA are still the best.
If you shoot with that other powder that is new to reloading, I think they call it smokeless then you may mix Bullplate with Beeswax for a great lube that is called Speed Green. BUY IT !!

Buzzard II
11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
I ordered some prior to my first post. Thanks for the additional info, I appreciate it!
Bob

Chill Wills
11-27-2012, 10:14 PM
David, Thanks.
Because I am familiar with what has been written in the past I was interested in getting a (current) response from those that have used NASA and some other BPCR lubes.

I have read the superlatives but nothing about what it does that other lubes cannot. You know, data.
There are two kinds of BP lube at this time……. those that work and those that do not.

It is not hard to make a BP lube that works. Even some poor BP lubes can work fine if wiping between shots. But making one that is head and shoulders above what we have now would be worth a lot.

So,……I was just wondering if there was something different about NASA. I hope there is. That would be GREAT!
At this time I do not think NASA lube has shown up in the list of lubes used at either the NRA national Silhouette Championships nor the NRA BP Target Rifle Championships. At least I have never known anyone who used it. I do not know Daniel but maybe he could offer some product to the match prize tables to get his product in front of the country’s best BPCR riflemen. Just an Idea to get the word out.

Respectfully, Michael Rix