PDA

View Full Version : mauser 8mm with POSP side mount, home made mount

melter68
11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Guys,

saved money and made this mount to put POSP russian sight on my mauser, using 45mm angle bar and gun blacked it. Mounted on magazine plate.
Left the bolts longer so you can see how its mounted, just needs cutting off and a plastic/rubber cap to finish the job.

Cost £ 4 saved abount £70

Hope you like

RU shooter
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I like it .... better to get a replacement floor plate to drill holes in than the receiver. Is the scope still sit to the left of the bores center line like other rifles its commonly used on? Can the scope be lowered anymore closer to the rec. ?

melter68
11-26-2012, 08:09 AM
I like it .... better to get a replacement floor plate to drill holes in than the receiver. Is the scope still sit to the left of the bores center line like other rifles its commonly used on? Can the scope be lowered anymore closer to the rec. ?

Hi RU Shooter,

the scope does sit to the left of the center of the barrel a few millimetres, but i tailor made it to perfection for a fit to me, so i can easy switch from the scope and use the open sights to,
still with my check on the stock.

I bore sighted the angle of the scope, by tightening one bolt on the side mount and tilting the scope at the correct angle at 100m, marking it and bolting by another two bolts in the side mount bracket.

Easy as pie, looks good glad you like

UBER7MM
11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Excellent!

Good shooting, Melter!

UBER7MM
11-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Melter,

You need to change your avatar to your POSP mounted Yugo!

Artful
11-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Now that's some ingenuity - have you shot it for groups - is it holding solid to the gun?

melter68
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
no range day till next year at the military range, it will be stable with max loads, look forward to shooting it.

Will update my advatar soon.

I like making things that are not the normal and saving money too.

Glad you guys like it.

Hamish
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but the desire for individuality and independence are the father of the human spirit, my friend. You just keep on doing what you are doing and taking pictures to inspire others.

milsurp mike
11-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Is the floor plate attached well enough so as to not move when you fire the Rifle.Keep us informed.Mike

melter68
11-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Well when i did a prototype in aliuminium, i had the rifle in two vices and tryed to move the bracket, while my mate looked down the scope at a target and it never moved at all. I like to invent things and make them and of course throw other things in like movement and pressures, so i am sure that the final bracket in steel in stable.

But you never know, always think ahead and play safe.

I invented a new system for hand loading but lee reloading said it would work and bring the loading system into the 21 century, but hand loading was dying out.