PDA

View Full Version : Awesome deer year

reloader28
11-25-2012, 12:08 PM
I LOVE cast boolits.
We've taken 5 deer with 5 boolits this year. And I made them all.

A friend shot one at about 60yds with my brothers 357 lever gun and a Lee 158gr RF thru the lungs. Went about 35yds and died.
My brother shot one at 250yds with 45 colt lever gun and the Lee 310 RF. Neck shot and insta-drop.
I shot one with 44 mag lever gun and 250gr RCBS SWC. About 30yds away. Neck shot and Insta-drop.
The wife used a 30-06 and 180gr RCBS SP, hollow pointed with 1/16" and 1/4" deep. About 100yds and the deer only went about 20 more before it died with a boolit thru the heart.
I got another at 120yds with the 44 rifle thru the lungs. She made it another 40yds. The insides where all jelly.

We didnt recover a boolit as they were all in and out.
Lets see. Those 5 boolits add up to around 1100gr. Since I got my WW for free, thats pretty cheap shooting.
My Dad and one daughter still have 3 deer to shoot and another daughter has an elk tag. Maybe they'll use the cast boolits too.
:drinks::guntootsmiley:[smilie=w:

TXGunNut
11-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Awesome season indeed! Good shootin' too, BTW.

white eagle
11-25-2012, 02:03 PM
wtg on the deer

**oneshot**
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Awesome!!!

OnHoPr
11-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Do you like venison? Sounds like a good boolit season.

doctorggg
11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Excellent boolit performance and great bullet placement. Hope you get that elk. Best tasting steaks I've ever had. Congratulations.

reloader28
11-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, we went out again today. Dad missed one but my daughter shot her 2 does. 2 within an hour. Fun hunt and she made good shot, too bad she was using copper patched bullets in a 243. It was fun anyway.

Have to start cutting up meat tomorrow. We have 7 deer hanging in the cool room and I only have 6 hooks. Its a little crowded. Dad and 2 friends still have deer tags, so we still have 4 more to get. If my uncle comes over, 5.

So on top of the 9 bucks from earlier, a bow doe, 2 antelope, and an elk, its been a busy man cave. Oh, and my daughters elk if she gets one.

They're not all mine, this is a group of 7 or 8 of us. Its just that I have the facility and saloon at my house. We all get together and hunt all day and cut up 3 or 4 critters at night. It gets pretty old by the end of hunting season, but with an indoor grill for backstraps, kegs of beer on tap and whiskey behind the bar, we never run out of lies to tell and have a ball doing it.

Thank God its almost done. Just in time for goose, pheasant and chuckar hunting. And ice fishing. And coyote hunting.
Man, its sounds like all we do is have fun. Luckally the wife works too.
:2 drunk buddies::guntootsmiley: