PDA

View Full Version : NEF, Harrington&Richardson, H&R 1871???????

Glassman66
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Can you guys explain the difference in these guns, or are they the same thing? I have been on Buds and they list these separately with different stocks and prices. Just a little confused on how they list them, I thought they where same gun.

Randy

roverboy
11-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I think there's differences in the frames/actions and some will not work with all barrels. Some will not work with some forearms too. I know, its confusing to me too.

pietro
11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
They ARE the same guns, metalically - there's just different stock configs, bbl configs, etc that are assigned to/under the various logos.

The original gun company was Harrington & Richardson (H&R), which closed in 1986, after some changes in location & leadership.

H&R 1871, LLC was formed in 1991, and made firearms using both the H&R and the NEF trademarks.

H&R 1871 LLC was then sold to Marlin Firearms in 2000, which was then itself acquired by Remington Arms, an asset of Freedom Group.

Sooo, H & R 1871, LLC (Harrington & Richardson) is a manufacturer of firearms under the Harrington & Richardson and New England Firearms trademarks, and is currently a subsidiary of the Freedom Group.

Glassman66
11-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks Pietro, I figured it must be something like that just didn't know the whole story.

Randy