PDA

View Full Version : Italian Venison

TRG3
11-25-2012, 10:11 AM
I didn't see a recipe section, so I'm listing this here for all of us deer hunters who are always looking for a new way to cook venison. Here's one that's simple and can use any cut of meat, even meat scraps including the lower leg, left over after home butchering. In a crock pot, add the following:

2# venison
1 jar of pepperroncini
1 package of Good Seasoning Zesty Italian salad dressing/recipe mix (dry)
Add just enough water to cover meat

Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. At the end of the cooking time, take a couple of forks, shred the meat, and cook for another one-half hour. Serve on hamburger buns with fresh pepperroncini.

dragonrider
11-25-2012, 10:52 AM
There was a thread started recently for reciepes, I can't remember who, but he is going to put them in a book or post them all here, not sure. Hopefully he will see this one and collect it.

Jim
11-25-2012, 11:29 AM
That would be X101Airborne in the Cooking section. The thread is HERE (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?171311-Cast-Boolits-Cookbook&highlight=).

SuperBlazingSabots
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello TRG-3, here is an Indian treat, go to any Indian grocery store and buy Kala Namak ( Black salt ) for $1 and sprinkle it on your Venison, Steak or Burger, you just might fall in love with the taste.
Next you could buy Chaat Powder for $ 2 and try it the same way on any meat or Beef stew etc.
Do try it.

Warm Regards,
Ajay

BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
Blazing Sabots, LLC
www.BlazingSabots.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl
www.PreciousVideoMemories.com

TRG3
11-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Ajay...Thanks for the heads-up on the Indian black salt and chaat powder. I've got them on my Evansville, IN, list which is our nearest city of any size that might have an Indian grocery store. The Italian venison which I took to this evening's Christmas decorating event at our church was a hit, even with those who had never tasted venison before.