PDA

View Full Version : question on a Lee 1000

kbstenberg
11-24-2012, 09:13 PM
I cleaned up a used 1000 and I'm having a small problem. There is the white gear that adjusts the shell plate. It doesn't turn when you try to adjust it with the adjusting screw. Should the white gear be so tight that it can't be moved by hand?

geargnasher
11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
No. It's usually fairly snug, but not "tight". The teeth are probably stripped in that one spot. Take the plate off the bottom of the shellplate carrier and index the gear 180 degrees. While you're at it, check to see if maybe the plate is dented or bent from putting something under it in the wrong place while de-mounting the carrier from the ram. If there's a dent, it can bind the gear.

Gear

kbstenberg
11-24-2012, 10:02 PM
The gear is tight enough in its location that when I try to use a small screwdriver to pry the gear to move it wont move. The previous owner must have abused it because there is a drag line most of the way around the gear. And the 2 metal ears that hold the screw against the gear have a slight indent where the screw is located. I will put a WTB in our add section.