PDA

View Full Version : Roy Clark Christmas Concert

richhodg66
11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
The wife and I both grew up watching Hee-Haw and the boy does appreciate good music, so we weren't gonna miss this last night when it came to Topeka. Man, that was a great show! He always was one heck of a musician. He's pretty frail now and not quite the same without Buck Owens there, but if this show comes close to where you are, you should go see him, it'll definitely raise your spirits. Fun from start to finish.

Gliden07
11-25-2012, 01:00 AM
I really enjoy Rock and Blues music not much of a Country fan, but back in the day I would say he was one of the top 5 guitarists in the world. I saw him on TV one time doing an interview (if I remember right?), he had his Guitar and was jumping between playing Country to Rock to Classical Spanish Guitar. It was amazing to watch how effortless he did it!! To this day I still say hes one of the best!!

waksupi
11-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Roy is a master of many instruments, and a real gentleman. A friend of mine bought Roy's Harley a few years ago. It's kind of nice to get on his bike!

WILCO
11-25-2012, 03:35 AM
:hijack:
The wife and I both grew up watching Hee-Haw....

Yep! :hijack: Great stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpNJuS3b0So&feature=related

richhodg66
11-25-2012, 11:04 AM
I guess I never really thought of him as country per se, even though that's where he gets lumped, kind of like Johnny Cash is some respects, the guy just doesn't fit into any particular mold.

Jana Jae was also a big player at this concert (she was on the last several seasons of the show) and is one great fiddle player still. They did Flight of the Bumble Bee on fiddles which I saqw Roy do on TV years ago, though she did most of it the other night.

A lot of talent on that stage to be sure and it was a whole lot of fun. Well worth the cost of admission if he comes by your neck of the woods.