PDA

View Full Version : Carbolic acid needed

waksupi
11-24-2012, 02:25 AM
I am in need of one ounce of carbolic acid, or phenol. Does anyone have any available, or know a source?

Mk42gunner
11-24-2012, 03:02 AM
Maybe a Pharmacy?

Robert

btroj
11-24-2012, 08:53 AM
I would check with your local pharmacy and see if they deal with a wholesaler that can get a bottle for you. You will most likely be buying an 8 or 16 ounce bottle.

Don't spill it, that stuff has a very distinct odor and it won't go away quickly.

waksupi
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Yes, I do know the hazards of it. I need it to make up a new batch of an old family recipe salve. A small batch goes a long way, so I will be splitting it up between family members. Potent stuff, it draws boils, removes warts, stops infection, and has been known in one case to cure gangrene.

Bad Water Bill
11-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, I do know the hazards of it. I need it to make up a new batch of an old family recipe salve. A small batch goes a long way, so I will be splitting it up between family members. Potent stuff, it draws boils, removes warts, stops infection, and has been known in one case to cure gangrene.

Cures bow legs,near sightedness.itchy trigger finger,restores HEARING.

But can it cure addiction of collecting molds.lead or guns?[smilie=s:

geargnasher
11-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't think it's helped Ric's gun addiction much, maybe added to it!

Gear

lavenatti
11-24-2012, 01:16 PM
You can get phenol on ebay

Dale in Louisiana
11-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Petro-Carbo salve (http://www.watkinsonline.com/productdetail.cfm?Product=02372&gCatalogLocale=USA&ECredit=377329) was a staple of the home remedies I grew up with. It contains 1.5% phenol. The old folks used it on just about everything.

dale in Louisiana
(HEY! Now **I'm** one of the 'old folks')

btroj
11-24-2012, 02:10 PM
It is still in campho-phenoque first aid liquid. Great antiseptic. I don't mind the smell, it is unique however.
Small amount in mineral oil along with menthol makes a great anti-itch treatment. A small amount of camphor helps too.

Reg
11-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Petro-Carbo salve really does work. It is a regular in the Watkins lineup and in addition to 1.5% phenol it also contains spruce, camphor and cajeput oils. You might have a local dealer or look on line.

Crashbox
11-24-2012, 02:27 PM
IIRC Carmex also contains phenol, as does Chloraseptic Throat Spray.

The real fun one is the Canadian Strepsils (amber) Throat Lozenges. They contain 2,4 dichlorobenzyl alcohol which is a rather close relative to the herbicide 2,4-D! (2,4 dichlorophenoxyacetic acid).

Phenol IMO is still quite useful.

Ed Barrett
11-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Lifebuoy soap contained carbolic acid and the EU banned it's production. It can still be obtained from India, check on the internet. Another carbolic soap is made in Indonesia, It's called "Island Pride". Carbolic soap was the original germicide, I remember when hospitals and drugstores smelled of carbolic.

Blacksmith
11-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Try here:
http://www.abchomeopathy.com/shop.php