PDA

View Full Version : Lyman All American Turret press and Parts

salpal48
11-23-2012, 06:38 PM
I am interested if anyone has any parts for the Lyman Push button primer system . Mainly primer slides and stops both large and small. push rods and spring, both bushings or arms
I will take complete kits or complete presses
Can anyone help

Le Loup Solitaire
11-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. You will ultimately find all the parts that you are looking for, for the successful restoration of the Lyman AA. I once owned one and liked it very much, and regretted having traded it along the path. One area of consideration worth mentioning is that back in the day there was always concern for the fact that the primers were stacked vertically in the tube that wasn't more than just sheet brass. "Dusting" of live primer residue was often attributed to reports of primers in the tube exploding and injuring operators of the press. Recommendation was always made for often cleaning the primer tube and of course wearing a face shield and goggles. I never had an incident but was always a bit nervous about it and always kept a low number of primers in the tube. Just thought that you might want to be aware. LLS

salpal48
11-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I,v had these presses since the 1960's not once had any primer problems with non progressive machine.I felt this was alway hype. The only explosion I personally had was in a Dillon 1050 machine due to the crushing of primers in the slide