PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Brown Bair

vacek
11-23-2012, 12:54 PM
I picked up a nice Brown Bair press Wednesday ($35).

I didn't even need Black Friday to get it.It is the H-Frame with 3 stations. It's in very very nice shape and only needs a little cleaning. I will post a pic in the near future after cleaning it up. That sucker must weigh better than 20 lbs. It is all iron.

I may set it up permanently for my 308 Winchester. I haven't decided yet.

Wayne Smith
11-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I have one, it is very nice. Rather long swing. Have to buy three shell holders for each caliber loaded on it. I find that I usually use two stations. I deprime on the back station and have a plastic tube running from the hollow shell holder holder to an old pill bottle. Works well, but I don't have the priming set-up either.

seagiant
11-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi,
I bought one 10 years ago at my local Gun Shop. The owner refered to it as a boat anchor and let me have it for $30! I told him if he got any more in let me know. I used it for 10 years and enjoyed it as it is a nice heavy loader. Finally went to a PW MetII and sold it on E-Bay for $175,so I would buy them all day for $35 if I could!!! Enjoy, you made a great score!

Roundnoser
11-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Enjoy it! I have a CH 333 (3 station) press, that is very similar to a Bair. I have it set up with the CH auto primer feed and push button powder measure. It is dedicated for .380 Auto, and does a good job making ammo. Its faster than single stage, and fun to use.

r1kk1
11-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Enjoy it! I have a CH 333 (3 station) press, that is very similar to a Bair. I have it set up with the CH auto primer feed and push button powder measure. It is dedicated for .380 Auto, and does a good job making ammo. Its faster than single stage, and fun to use.
Me too!

r1kk1