PDA

View Full Version : A three dog night

Jim
11-23-2012, 10:06 AM
We went huntin' last night. See my post, photos and video HERE. (http://floydpics.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/a-three-dog-night/)

slim1836
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Nice work and write up, looks like fun for all but the coon.

Thanks,

Slim

Crawdaddy
11-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Way to go Jim, nice article and pictures.

fatnhappy
11-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Nice video Jim.

Brad Phillips
11-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Great story, and pics. Times spent with friends and coonhounds are special for sure.

JeffinNZ
11-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Can I have a breeding pair for Christmas please Jim? And a pair of which ever squirrels you consider best. That would be great thank's. Just ship them as 'potential hats'......

PS Paul
11-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Man, that looks like TONS of fun there, Jim. Great pics! Thanks for sharing that with us.....

cdet69
11-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Gotta love Treeing Walkers. They sure provide plent of excitement and are one if not the best coon hound around.

Jim
11-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Wow, lots of responses. I'm glad y'all enjoyed it.

We went last night with Susie and Sampson, an old seasoned veteran. They treed one in a huge Knotty Pine, but we couldn't find the ring tailed bandit. When they get up in those old pines, I don't think you could find one with thermal imaging.

I was kinda' dissappointed, too. I had just got a load tuned up for the H&R .223 and really wanted to kill one with it. :cry:

Not a complete loss, though. It was the prettiest night I've spent in the woods in a very long time. We got up a good liein' contest and I sent Jeff home to his moma with his head down. He oughta' know better than to get in the ring with the king. [smilie=w:

dragonrider
11-27-2012, 01:25 PM
My dad and I use to do a lot of coon hunting back when I was an early teenager, dam I miss that time. Five or six years later I was into makin a living and raising two girls, never got back to it and now I'm just too old for it. I really enjoy your posts Jim, keep at it.

Jim
11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
My dad and I use to do a lot of coon hunting back when I was an early teenager, dam I miss that time. Five or six years later I was into makin a living and raising two girls, never got back to it and now I'm just too old for it. I really enjoy your posts Jim, keep at it.

Thank you, I enjoy sharing the stories and photos. As for being too old, if you can walk, you're not too old to 'coon hunt. I just turned 60 and have arthritis in my knees, but I don't let that stop me. I take my meds, grab my rifle and hit the woods.