PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving 2012. Who's having what?

WILCO
11-22-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm doing a Jenny O Turkey loaf, cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole, yams, frozen peas, frozen corn, mashed potatoes, gravy and buttermilk biscuits. Pumpkin pie for dessert! What are you folks having?? :popcorn:

Moonie
11-22-2012, 01:46 PM
cooked 2 turkeys and a ham. Doing mashed cauliflower as I am diabetic and can't have mashed potatoes. Have 3 gallons of home made Angry Pumpkin beer kegged and ready. Others are bringing green bean casserole, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, potato casserole and other assorted thanksgiving goodies, including deserts (I'll pass on those of course)

OnHoPr
11-22-2012, 03:26 PM
16lbr & dressing in a brown paper bag, a small hunk of baked ham, candied acorn squash, boiled and whipped red potatoes with gravy, home canned corn, house salad, brown & serve rolls with real butter, dutch apple pie, pumpkin pie/whipped cream, a tangerine, and maybe tarragon carrots. I don't like yams. Wearing sweat pants today.

Uncle Jimbo
11-22-2012, 03:47 PM
We are having smoked turkey. In fact, it is in the smoker right now. Dinner about 3:00 pm. Homemade dressing with mashed potatoes and giblet gravy.[smilie=w:

imashooter2
11-22-2012, 04:01 PM
20 lb turkey with a traditional bread / sage stuffing and giblet gravy. Mashed potatoes, butternut squash and peas. Whole berry and jellied cranberry sauce. Black, green and Kalamata olives. Stuffed celery. Homemade pumpkin and apple pies served with real whipped cream made with a whisk, not that pretend stuff from a can or tub.

Then for the next three or four days, there's the leftovers... sweet Jesus how I love the leftovers! :)

smokeywolf
11-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Smoked turkey, should be coming out in about 20 mins., dressing and gravy compliments of Bristol Farms, mom's homemade candied yams, and homemade rolls, corn, jellied cranberry, Costco's pumpkin pie.

imashooter2, plus, plus, plus on the leftovers.

smokeywolf

WILCO
11-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Wearing sweat pants today.

Best idea of the day!!

OneSkinnyMass
11-22-2012, 08:24 PM
carne asada and al pastor tacos from king taco

OneSkinnyMass
11-22-2012, 09:18 PM
carne asada and al pastor tacos from king taco.

Well, they were closed so I"ll celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow :-)

GH1
12-11-2012, 08:25 PM

I spent Thanksgiving with my family up in Chicago and this what I made them.
It's a wild pig shoulder that I soaked in a salt/sugar brine for a few days. Then I used a Jamaican jerk rub and let it sit in the icebox overnight with the rub on it. Finally, I smoked it for about 4 hours with pecan wood, mopping it occasionally with lemonade.
For me, there's nothing better than cooking and sharing wild game with family and friends. It's the main reason I hunt, I just love it.
GH1