PDA

View Full Version : Smelting postphoned

DLCTEX
11-22-2012, 12:05 AM
I had planned to smelt this long weekend until I got a call from my brothers inviting me to meet them for 3 day fishing trip. Smelting will keep.

Bullet Caster
11-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Your title says it all. Post phoned. Lol. BC

William Yanda
11-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Here in the Finger Lakes region of NY, smelting can mean either of two very different activities. One is a process involving the recovery of plumbous alloys with the intent of making projectiles out of them at a later date. The other occurs only in the spring, is done with a net or other capture device and the harvest is fried and eaten.
Regards;
Bill

41 mag fan
11-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Wish i had a brother that liked to fish. Says he likes guns but he lives 60mi away and we don't see each other but a couple times a year. If he lived closer we'd get together often and do some shooting.

Smeltings far less of importance than spending a good time making memories fishing with your brothers IMHO

DLCTEX
11-23-2012, 12:27 AM
I have five brothers. Only two will be there. One was coming but he has to attend a game with his grand daughter. The other two have a total fear of water and won't get in a boat. They will eat the fish we catch.

41 mag fan
11-23-2012, 10:31 AM
But you'll be able to create memories with them 2 brothers you'll be able to recall and look back on and that IMO is worth all the gold in the world.

richhodg66
11-24-2012, 10:48 AM
I've really got to make the time to fish more, seems I do it less and less as years go by and I love to do it. I live on a big lake, but the water levels have been so crazy the pasy several years for various reasons, it's made it different and I always seem to find something else I need to do.

DLCTEX
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
It was a great trip with lots of catfish caught and bags of fillets brought home. Weather was a bit challenging, but we pretty well had the lake to ourselves. Good outdoor cooking and fellowship. Three other friends came and made it entertaining. Need to do this more often.

montana_charlie
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
It was a great trip with lots of catfish caught and bags of fillets brought home.
Ah! I wondered if maybe you had gone after smelt ...

CM

MT Gianni
11-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Wish i had a brother that liked to fish. Says he likes guns but he lives 60mi away and we don't see each other but a couple times a year. If he lived closer we'd get together often and do some shooting.

Smeltings far less of importance than spending a good time making memories fishing with your brothers IMHO
We drive further to go grocery shopping. Enjoy your family while you are all still able.