PDA

View Full Version : PAL primer tube filler review of sorts

ratboy
11-21-2012, 06:08 PM
ok. i have been shopping around for a primer tube filler for a while. wished the frankfort arsonal one was still in production,*sigh*. anyhoo, been watching videos, looking a pictures, reading reviews and such. i decided the dillon unit looked like it worked very well but was quite expensive and noisy. was looking at making my own out of some lee parts and bits i had laying around but was still not sure if that was the route i wanted to go. i had seen the PAL filler and really liked it until i saw the price. dang?!? near as makes little difference to the dillon unit. so i kept shopping.......until
i accidentally found a supplier for the PAL filler for much less than i had seen for sale elsewhere but remained skeptical. i order it and in 3 days i had it. sure is a PAL filler just like i expected. i liked it because of all the videos of fillers in action it was the only one that i did not see the guy in the video shaking it to get it to work. it just worked.
now its here and i can say it is well made. handle is aluminum and tray seems to be a nylon material. the primer flip ridges work great unlike my new lee hand prime tool. i flipped the switch and it filled my primer tube lickity split. now before you all go "well yea, its 250 dollars" it wasnt. this is why i am writing this little review of sorts. its well made, works just like it is supposed to and was only 140 bucks. now i am sure some of you think that is still too expensive and would rather fill your tubes by hand, fine. but for those of you who want some convenience and dont want to shell out 325 dollars on a dillon, its a fine option. after all, i wasnt going to spend 325 on a dillon either.
i will include the link to where i found them. they charged me 10 bucks to ship in and it came USPS priority. i ordered it last sunday and the shipping label was printed on sunday according to the tracking info. i wanted to wait until i got mine and made sure it really was what i expected before i told all of you about it. i am quite happy with it. i suggest if you have been thinking about one, you order it before they realize they are selling them for so much less that everyone else.

http://www.evergladesammo.com/pal-primer-filler.html

Anyracoon
11-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Nice

Always worried that my Frankfort Vibra Prime will die and I will be forced into buying a Dillon filler. I just may buy one of the PAL units and sell my Vibra Prime on Slease-Bay.

GT1
11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
$141 :neutral:

I think I can fill mine manually for a while longer.
I read somewhere that someone bought the rights for manufacturing the old FA vibra prime and plans to reintroduce it. No time line that I can recall, though.

bbqncigars
11-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I made two dedicated primer tube fillers (small and large) from a couple of Lee Autoprime trays and a couple of spare filler tubes I had for the Dillon. Total cost was <$20, and about an hours time. I can fill a tube in about thirty seconds without using the vibrator glued underneath each tray. I don't mind spending money on equipment, but I don't see a reason to waste money on something that's easily fabricated.

angus6
11-22-2012, 01:56 PM
IIRC it was Battenfeld Technologies which is basically Midwayusa , $70 range this time around , wasn't it sometime in the next year ?

$141 :neutral:

I think I can fill mine manually for a while longer.
I read somewhere that someone bought the rights for manufacturing the old FA vibra prime and plans to reintroduce it. No time line that I can recall, though.