PDA

View Full Version : Zack update

Olevern
11-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Well, this is the day Zack will be receiving some preliminary testing in the hospital in Pittsburgh, Pa. His mom and dad are with him, having made arrangements for his little sister to be cared for by a friend for the next several days.

Today, he will undergo a battery of pre-surgury testing to include an MRI with dye injected, probably another lung function test, heart function and perhaps others.

After an overnight at the hospital (his first admittance in his life) he will go down to surgury for a biopsy of the mass (tomorrow, Thanksgiving).

Then, the day after Thanksgiving I will arrive at the hospital to be with Zack and his family for the duration. I am an old hand at camping out at a hospital, having recently spent weeks living out of my van in a parking garage in Tenn. when my daughter had a stroke down there. I don't know where Zack's parents will be staying, it is too far to drive home every night and they probably don't have the gas money for that anyway. Some hospitals allow family to stay right in the room with very sick children. I know that Zack's mom has contacted the hospital to see if there is a McDonald's house nearby with availability, but that didn't pan out.

Anyway, that is where we are at present. I hate being away from him, but I also have family responsibilities here in NJ. And, Zack understood, even insisted, that I should be here for Thanksgiving, but he did ask me if I could come right after and be with him.

Over the last week or ten days, while Zack has been waiting for operating room scheduling availability, I have noticed that he has been getting winded more easily despite very limited activity. I have also noticed that the persistent cough has been evidenced more frequently (but maybe I am just more aware of it).

One of the members of the board, whose name I do not have permission to reveal, has very generously offered to send Zack a .22 semi auto rifle (model 60) for his first very own rifle. I am not surprised, that's the way we roll here on the forum. I have heard from others inquiring about Zack's condition and know that you all await anxiously a prognosis just as I do.

Please keep praying, this little boy deserves a chance to grow up and experience all that life has to offer.
He is like my own flesh and blood to me and I have not slept a whole night since knowing about this tumor.
Those of you of faith, please pray the Father that He will interceed and direct the outcome for this little one that He loves even more that any of us can.

richhodg66
11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
You're a good man. Much better than me to be sure. The world could use many more like you.

I've been blessed with two healthy young sons. I can't imagine how it would be if either one were in Zack's situation. I'm a worrier by nature (I know it shows a lack of faith, but He is still working on me) and something like this would certainly take 20 years off my life span.

We're known a few people who have made some truly miraculous recoveries from things so stay optimistic. Wishing and praying for the best for Zack here.

41 mag fan
11-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Thank You for the update Olevern. I pray he comes out of this with flying colors.
I don't understand why the good Lord allows children to be hurt or sick or die, and I never will understand, but it saddens me to hear of a child who has a life altering experience, or who dies to young, and will never experience what life really is.
I've asked this question many a times, and even stepped away from the church scene, due to not finding the answer, but I've never stopped believing.

Olevern, check your Pm's, I sent one to you and I'm not for sure if this new system is working correctly on showing whe we get them.

WILCO
11-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the update Vern. Prayers offered up at various times.

kbstenberg
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
I will say a prayr for Zack and his family. And the same for you.

Bullet Caster
11-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks, olevern, for the update. I, too, am interested in the outcome. I pray the Father will intercede on his behalf and heal him completely. I don't have any children and my heart is saddened for this little boy. Prayers are offered every night since you brought this to our attention. I believe that God and His Son are in the miracle business. I will offer up prayers for you as well as little Zack. As was posted previously, we need more good people as yourself in this troubled world where no one seems to care about others. As the Son has stated, love others as I have loved you. Godspeed and keep us posted. BC

lead-1
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
My house sends continued prayers for God's healing hand.

Olevern
11-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Please read the latest update here on "Our Town" and offer praise up to the Lord.

vern