PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new used star..

boltons75
11-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I took it all apart, found that the lube washer was stuck in the bottom of the tube split in half with. after some cleaning and finagling, I was able to get the broken washer out. Well the whole thing is getting boiled clean, and I decided to call up Star to get myself a new hycar washer. While talking to the very nice lady on the phone, she took my name and address, then said that it was going to cost me a bundle. So, she said she was just going to put it into the mail for me, and to call next time I needed something. Very impressive service. Now I cant wait till the washer shows up so I can start to play with my new toy. It also came with a nose punch, So I will have to order a base punch and another die from Lathesmith sometime soon.

boltons75
11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
And a pic, after the initial clean up. And thanks again Hatch, this handle will get me started.:):beer:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

PS Paul
11-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Is that REALLY bolted to your dining room table? ha-ha! I do a lot of lube-sizing at the table with a cutting board I bolted my Lyman 450 to and a clamp. Works great, but my lovely spouse squawked about the cutting board, despite the fact I brought it home as a freebie from a vendor AND I bought some others specifically for use in the kitchen. Oh well, gotta make sacrifices in life, I suppose, as in marriage!

Good score!

HATCH
11-19-2012, 04:05 PM
thanks again Hatch, this handle will get me started.:):beer:

No worries... when you get a new handle you can pass that one on to someone else...

boltons75
11-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Bolted to the table, HECK NO!!, that's just posing after getting cleaned up. It's has a place right in the middle of my reloading bench reserved for it. If I booked anything to the dining room table is have to take up permanent residence in my camper our in the woods.

boltons75
11-19-2012, 04:35 PM
No worries... when you get a new handle you can pass that one on to someone else...

Looking at old hay hooks to make one out of maybe. To bring back memories of working on my grandpa's farm growing up. Or at least to style the handle after.

crabo
11-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Lube your new hicard washer with some vaseline when you put it in.

sergeant69
11-22-2012, 01:36 PM
And a pic, after the initial clean up. And thanks again Hatch, this handle will get me started.:):beer:

what kinda beer? around here its Corona and lime! maybe two times X if outta Corona.

VHoward
11-22-2012, 03:09 PM
<snip>

Dennis Eugene
11-22-2012, 03:25 PM
VHoward, you make a very good point I deleted my former post and placed it in a new thread titled "In support of Magma Engineering" Thanks Dennis

boltons75
11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I plan on purchasing the boolit feeder eventually. Their support lady was super friendly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

rodsvet
11-22-2012, 09:19 PM
We all shop for the best deals. I also agree that we need to spread the $'s around so that all the good vendors will thrive. We are a community that needs one another. Some times the best deal is not the best in the long run. Enjoy the holiday!! Rod