6bg6ga
11-23-2012, 07:48 PM
find my channel on youtube for see the best home casting machines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EdRTMo-tMI&feature=plcp

best regards rollotomasicasting

1500 bullets an hour? I'm not impressed

rodsvet
11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Looks like a Ballisti-cast Mark 4 that has been automated.

6bg6ga
11-23-2012, 11:03 PM
How many an hour will your fully automatic casting machine do while you are inside throwing the wife's skirt up over her head? [smilie=1:

For a fully automatic casting machine its rather primitive and slow. I counted 8 bullets in 30 seconds or 16 a minute X 60= 960 an hour not 1500. Even at 1500 an hour its very slow and given its price plus shipping it can be beat with either an automated Magma Master Caster or a Ballisti-cast Mark IV. The reality of it is its not a good buy unless its dirt cheap and available in this country. I guess I'm allowed an opinion and this is mine.:takinWiz:

gandydancer
11-23-2012, 11:15 PM
all I could see it had going for it is it run Quite. either that or my sound went. bonkers?

imashooter2
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
For a fully automatic casting machine its rather primitive and slow. I counted 8 bullets in 30 seconds or 16 a minute X 60= 960 an hour not 1500. Even at 1500 an hour its very slow and given its price plus shipping it can be beat with either an automated Magma Master Caster or a Ballisti-cast Mark IV. The reality of it is its not a good buy unless its dirt cheap and available in this country. I guess I'm allowed an opinion and this is mine.:takinWiz:

So you don't have an automatic casting machine?

6bg6ga
11-24-2012, 10:23 AM
No, I don't have an automatic casting machine. Do you? As I stated I think this one is rather primitive control wise. Borrowing the design from Ballisti-cast and then automating it and trying to re-sell it is rather questionable in my opinion.

He also has a automatic Magma sizer on you tube.

imashooter2
11-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I guess we have magic missing posts again.

No, I don't have a automatic casting machine. Do you? When I do do purchase my Mark IV I will make it fully automatic with programmable logic control. My personal opinion is this one is very primitive. He also has a you tube video on his Magma automated bullet sizer I find his 12 posts here as a convenient way of introducing his product which is a copy of several well known products.

So go to Italy, cobble together a fully automatic casting machine from resources available in country and then your opinion (which you are entitled to) will have validity. Until then, you sound like a guy on the internet that gets his jollies tearing down other peoples work.

And for reference, I don't have an automatic casting machine and I don't particularly want one. What I do have is the decency not to insult new members that post "proud papa" videos of their accomplishments.

6bg6ga
11-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll be sure and check with you before I post again. looks to me like he's trying to sell them. If you have a problem with my posts that is what the PM is for ...use it.

link to his bullet sizer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNm-8vWlQDg&feature=relmfu

I do like the reduction drive on this

Pertsev
11-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Well,I do have a few automatic casting machines.Magmas,including a Mk II from 1975.Have also used some hand operated jobs and Ballisticast casting machines. Also have run Ammo Load,Camdex and STAR commercial/progressive machines and I think this fellow's automatic conversion is neat !
Am impressed with 1500 per hour.
How many can YOU make per hour with gang molds or a Master Caster ?
More important,how many hours can you do it ?

The fact that it uses only two molds is a selling point !
The Magma uses 8 molds = major expense for mold purchase. Two molds = less expense for tooling.
Possible to run two different calibers at same time if this was set up right. Let's say one mold with a 38 cal 150 gr SWC and a 40 cal round nose. Something that could be sorted easily.
If you want to run an oddball mold that you cannot locate an 8 mold set for,this would do it.
Rolo Tomassi ! You made a nice machine ! Do not let anyone tell you different.
If it would be possible to buy it here in the States and the price was right I would be interested.
PM sent.

angus6
11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
How many an hour will your fully automatic casting machine do while you are inside throwing the wife's skirt up over her head? [smilie=1:

about 2200:razz:

Pertsev
11-27-2012, 12:10 PM
about 2200:razz:
You are a lucky man !
;-)

angus6
11-27-2012, 12:27 PM
You are a lucky man !
;-)

Think 1 set of molds were from you , I keep looking at your 38 super set :)

6bg6ga
11-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Its a shame that we cannot post here with out someone's need to stoop to vulgarities. First of all this is supposed to be a family type forum and the need to comment like this should not be tolerated if the moderators are awake and doing their jobs.

I am allowed my comments and they should be respected even if you do not agree with them. I still see this casting machine as a direct rip off of the Mark IV Ballisti-cast machine. Looks pretty darn close to me.

The link to the Magma sizer that was automated makes the claim of a totally rebuilt machine but its still a Magma with a gear reduction motor on it. I can applaud Rollo for his mechanical abilities but I think that dues should be paid to the manufacturers of the machines that were copied. The caster is still a Mark IV copy and the bullet sizer is still a Magma.

Now, I suggest that if you do not agree with me that you take your comments to a PM or a simple email instead of the typical bashing that seems to go on here. I'm more that happy to communicate with anyone that feels that I'm in the wrong. Lets try some grown up communication for once shall we?

imashooter2
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
LOL! You still fixating on this? You insulted the guy in public, I scolded you in public. I've moved on. You should try the same.

6bg6ga
11-28-2012, 08:02 AM
LOL! You still fixating on this? You insulted the guy in public, I scolded you in public. I've moved on. You should try the same.

Like I said ...take it to a PM

I will insult anyone as you put it that directly rips off a company like Ballisti-cast or Magma. I won't pat someone on the back for copying a design and then making the claim it their own.

If you can't see this buy glasses.

I do take offense the the senseless vulgar comment that you posted however. Grow up please

imashooter2
11-28-2012, 08:12 AM
LOL! Why do you keep asking to take it to a PM in public? I stopped posting after you had the last word in post #13. Now you've brought it up again... in public.

MBTcustom
11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
How y'all doing today?

MBTcustom
11-28-2012, 04:31 PM
It takes a pretty decent amount of mechanical aptitude to build a machine like that. Looks like a pretty tight little setup. I like the two mold design.

popper
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
If I were to automate making lead boolits, I'd do drop forging. Much simpler, faster and no sizing needed.

fatnhappy
11-28-2012, 09:51 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen L.A. Confidential

Old Caster
12-01-2012, 11:39 PM
100% agreement. -- Bill --

HARRYMPOPE
12-01-2012, 11:45 PM
How do the bullets keep from getting beat up while the are launched from the mold while soft?

rollo tommasi
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
guys,
i just wandted to show to you our job, nothing to professional, nothing to commercial, nothing for business, just to pleasure to have an automatic bullet casting machine
try do it at home and than we will see..

castalott
07-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I, for one, have built an automated casting machine. So I must tell you that I think you did good. Lots of things go on in each cycle and wear must be accounted for. (I am on my 5th rebuild/redesign right now and It has 81,190 cycles. ) Mine uses 1 four cavity Lyman mold and is run by controlled air cylinders and timers. Sprue cooling time, blocks open(cooling) time, and several other things are run by timers. Depending on mold, it runs from 800 to 1400 bullets an hour. Not many people can cast 5000 bullets in 4 hours.

I think your design is better than mine but we are all learning....Dale

RP
07-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I think it was a good way to spend some time tinkering on something you wanted to do and to me looks just fine. I want one just to turn on drink beer and say hey check this out then stuff like yea I made it out of a old washing machine and a tricycle lol

MT Chambers
07-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Ya c'mon guys, bad words make for bad feelings!

armedmoose
07-03-2013, 04:55 PM
guys,
i just wandted to show to you our job, nothing to professional, nothing to commercial, nothing for business, just to pleasure to have an automatic bullet casting machine
try do it at home and than we will see..

I think it's pretty.. I wish I had one and could turn on and have it create bullets for me. I am picturing me mowing the yard while bullets are being made.. that would be sweet!