PDA

View Full Version : Large lead filled pipe.

Freightman
06-16-2007, 06:38 PM
I was driving down the Interstate yesterday and there was a 18 wheeler with a flat bed trailer, on it was five sections of pipe looked to be 20" ID and the walls were 4" thick, length 5' they were filled with lead but on the side were the haz mat stickers for radio active substance. This is not strange as the nucular wepons plant is only 20mi outside of the city, thought that is a lot of lead that will never get used for boolits.
I have noticed since I have started casting I notice lead everywhere that you never noticed before, and I pick up W-W as I walk down the street. It is an obsesion but fun.

357maximum
06-17-2007, 06:49 PM
I'd be willing to bet the ends were only sealed with lead, and the real "GOODIES" were beyond the lead plugs........

dubber123
06-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Ahhh, cast some slugs out of the "goodies" inside, and you have instant tracers that glow for about 1.000 years!

Freightman
06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
No joke, the EPA has set a clean-up in operation for the plant from waist that has leaked into the water table from the two bombs they droped on Japan in the 40's. They say that it is only fuel not radioactive but they also told the land owners not to use the water from their well that border the plant property. They also bought all the ajoining property that waas close to the plant. But I am forgetting the Government would not lie to us! Would they?