PDA

View Full Version : UPS to raise rates yet again

DCP
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
2013 Rates Information
Effective December 31, 2012, UPS rates will increase as follows*:

• UPS Air and International Services will increase an average net 4.5% through a combination of a 6.5% increase in rates and a two percentage point reduction in the UPS Air and International fuel surcharge table.
• UPS Ground Services will increase an average net 4.9% through a combination of a 5.9% increase in rates and a one percentage point reduction in the UPS Ground fuel surcharge table.
• UPS Next Day Air® Freight, UPS 2nd Day Air® Freight and UPS 3 Day Freight® rates for shipments within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico will increase 4.9%.

To review these new rates, as well as changes to accessorial rates and customs brokerage fees, visit ups.com/rates. The 2013 UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on December 29, 2012.

WILCO
11-19-2012, 12:25 PM
2013 Rates Information
Effective December 31, 2012, UPS rates will increase as follows*:

Welcome to the new economy! We're going to see lots of rates and fee increases because of taxes,inflation, obummer care and so on.

Sburggsx
11-19-2012, 12:36 PM
UPS raises their rates every year. This isn't a surprise.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

HATCH
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah i got that email this morning.

Means the min that my company will charge for shipping just went from $10 to $12

sent from my mobile.

Roger Ronas
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM
So rates go up 5% and your company raises shipping by 20%. NICE

Yeah i got that email this morning.

Means the min that my company will charge for shipping just went from $10 to $12

sent from my mobile.

knifemaker
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
I quit using UPS and FEDX several years ago and only use U.S. Postal Service flat rate priorty mail boxes to ship my knives. I can ship a 250 dollar knife with full insurance and tracking for about 8 dollars. Far cheaper then what UPS would charge me.
I have been using this methold of shipping for the past 5 years and never have had a problem. Most of my customers gets the package within 3 days, even when it goes from the west coast to east coast.

11-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Though most of my shipping needs are usually met by the post office, I will no longer be using UPS because of their anti-Boy Scout, pro-***** stance (yes, I'm old enough to politically incorrect).

As far as receiving a package, whenever given the choice between UPS and FedEx, FedEx will get my business.

MtGun44
11-19-2012, 02:36 PM
462 beat me to it. When UPS went against the Boy Scouts, I decided to NEVER use them again.

Bill

DCP
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
When UPS went against the Boy Scouts I decided to NEVER use them again

I must have missed this one

Someone please inlighten me on how they did this. They just stopped donating to them? or what
I do know the why not the how

Rick N Bama
11-19-2012, 05:03 PM
My wife & Daughter order a lot of stuff from Amazon & other online companies. 2-3 years ago just about all of it was delivered by UPS. Now most comes by USPS & the rest by FedEx. Won't bother me if I never see another UPS truck.

Rick

11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
According to the news article, UPS quit donating to the Boy Scouts because of the organization's anti-homosexual stance. I e-mailed the company, saying that my grandson is in the process of become an Eagle Scout and that I'll no longer be using their services. The reply stated that UPS is all about respect, inclusion and diversity, and that I should reconsider me decision. Unless they change their attitude and policy, my decision stands.

PS Paul
11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Hmmm. Well, figure I will be doing a lot more business with FeDex from now on. I'va laready tried to eliminate using USPS, for many anti-fed govt. reasons, but now the choice is made far easier!!

What can brown do for me? Absolutely NOTHING!

ROGER4314
11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
The USPS priority boxes have changed things for me. I buy lead from several sources and it comes in the priority boxes. It would be prohibitive to ship it, otherwise.

I have 48 pounds of reclaimed lead bullets in transit and I just received 50 pounds of lead shot and some RotoMetal alloys. Shipping was free! That company is great to deal with and USPS priority boxes make it work for me.

Flash

runfiverun
11-26-2012, 03:46 PM
they have to raise rates every time the post office does.
any competition to the usps is mandated to charge [at minimum] double the government rate.
they don't seem to be going bankrupt though [and are union too]

km101
11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
This just makes the USPS flat rate boxes look about 5% better to me. But I haven't used UPS since their exclusion the Boy Scouts anyway. I agree, What can Brown doe for me? NOTHING!

44man
11-27-2012, 08:50 AM
I am a long retired airline worker and Fedex gives me a great discount. The trouble is finding a store to ship from.