PDA

View Full Version : buffalo classic

Starvnhuntr
11-18-2012, 11:42 PM
I just bought a buffalo classic. I havn't recieved it yet. I hope it has the good old ballard deep groove rifling that my marlin 1885 has. I have heard that marlin is making H&R barrels.On these rifles can you buy barrels to switch out for other calibers.

WilliamDahl
11-19-2012, 05:43 AM
From what I have heard, you have to send an H&R back to the manufacturer to get them to fit a new barrel. I think it is easy for you to swap your barrels after they have fitted it for you. Definitely sounds less convenient than a Thompson Encore or Contender.

mdevlin53
11-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I have a BC and i love it, well at least after i bought it a lace on recoil pad and a new rear sight. I got the pad from cabelas and the Williams fool proof sight with the target knobs. It is fun to shoot and accurate if you do your part.

thegatman
11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I have found that barrels I bought off of gunbroker or sleezebay will work with minor fitting. If you have the Buffalo Classic, its frame will take rifle barrels. Be careful if you have a shotgun and try to put a rifle barrel on that frame. They will fit but be dangerous.