PDA

View Full Version : Serious crime update (local)

waksupi
11-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Well, let's see what's up on the local police blotter.

9:13 a.m. A man who had been out of town returned home to find that his winter boots were missing.

10:32 a.m. A Shady Lane resident with a history of urinating in patrol vehicles was accused of pushing his female roommate down a flight of stairs. He denied the accusation and accused her of attacking him with a crowbar.

3:29 p.m. Someone Saran wrapped a kid to a telephone pole on East Idaho Street. A police officer helped free him.

10:18 p.m. Someone complained that a dead cat was blocking traffic on Whitefish Stage Road.

7:25 a.m. Reportedly, someone on Facebook is attempting to sell dead cats.
(see previous report)

11:27 a.m. Someone called 911 after they spotted a big brown dog standing in front of a bar on Highway 35 in Kalispell.

7:27 p.m. A Hungry Horse man claimed that his ex-wife accused him of living in another state. (Carlos Castanada, where are you?)

1:17 p.m. Someone damaged their vehicle while using it to herd cows off of Highway 93 South.

3:14 p.m. Someone explained that they accidentally called 911 by dialing the number 9, then 1, and then 1 again.

11:42 a.m. Someone called in suspicious about a man in a cowboy hat sitting in an older truck parked on the side of Highway 35 in Kalispell. A deputy found that the "man" was actually a stuffed dog wearing a cowboy hat.

:53 p.m. A woman on Mission Trail heard cows “crying” and coyotes howling. She felt unnerved by what she heard and hoped a deputy might check it out.

2:08 p.m. A man on Ezy Drive called in to complain about a rabbit infestation. He said that the neighbors have between 30 and 40 uncontained rabbits and admitted to using them as target practice.

1:08 p.m. A Columbia Falls man claimed that a dirty-mouthed hunter in camouflage was in his neighborhood aiming his bow at homes. He was arrested for outstanding warrants and later admitted that the bowhunter was probably a “hallucination.”
(never report your hallucinations)

5:22 a.m. A Kalispell man called and reported that throughout the night he has heard suspicious noises in his trailer. He also told a dispatcher that he could not expand on this experience as it was unbelievable and would sound more like a movie than real life.
(See above, re: hallucinations)

8:01 a.m. A Bigfork man reported that he had a dream involving two men fighting over marijuana. He refused to provide any interesting details.
(ditto above)

Well, that's enough reporting on the serious crime wave we are having here. I'll report more in the future.

Doughty
11-18-2012, 09:43 AM
It's a crime wave!!!

Goatwhiskers
11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Police in your town have to be p-sychologist than lawman. The P is silent, like in swimming. GW

WILCO
11-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Reminds me of Mayberry.

oneokie
11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Are these from long time locals or the new liberals that came to the area?

DRNurse1
11-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Waksupi, you need to start casting and reloading NOW!

With a crime wave like that you can never have enough boolits and cartridges.

BTW, do we need to send you a roll or two of aluminum foil to keep those hallucinations from affecting the local LEO's?

quack1
11-18-2012, 12:17 PM
There is a police notes section in our local newspaper, too. Sometimes it has more humor than the comics page.

Ed Barrett
11-18-2012, 03:00 PM
You must live in a big town, we never get that much interesting stuff here. Of course I live about 7 miles outside a town of 80 people.

Bad Water Bill
11-18-2012, 03:22 PM
The town that Waksupi lives in only has 3 families so use your own feelings as to who that NASTY guy doing ALL of these evil things is. :kidding:

DRNurse1
11-18-2012, 03:34 PM
BWB: But we LOVE our Moderator so it must be those folks visiting from over county causing the ruckus.

(Waksupi: is this enough for a pass for my next faux pas????)

9.3X62AL
11-18-2012, 03:50 PM
There can be some highly unique occurrences in society, for certain. I've had the oppurtunity to work in a variety of environments, from deeply rural to highly urbanized--and no single type of community has a "lock" on weirdness. I would say Ric's neighborhood is pretty decent, by California standards.

Police work has its "moments", but I would say that ER staff at a hospital likely meets or beats it for inventory of truly strange occurrences.

waksupi
11-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't think you guys are taking this seriously! If we can't put a stop to such things, the next thing you know people will be dancing in public, and milking cows on Main Street!

Junior1942
11-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Stop at a convenience store in the black section of a medium-size southern town--50k or so pop--and buy the local black newspaper if the town has one. They often print police reports verbatim as the victim et al wrote or dictated them. It is a hoot to read--think about it.

fatelk
11-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Police work has its "moments", but I would say that ER staff at a hospital likely meets or beats it for inventory of truly strange occurrences.

A few years ago I read a story in the paper of a crime that occurred in my old home town. A homeowner woke up in the middle of the night to pounding on the door and a voice yelling "You let me in woman!" He escaped out the back door as the front door crashed down and a very large, hairy, drunk man came in. Police arrived to find the man sleeping on the couch. He thought it was his house and his woman had locked him out. Worst part is it was someone I used to know!

A friend of mine called a few days ago to tell me he is changing careers. He has been a helicopter paramedic for some time, and just accepted a position as a deputy with the county sheriff's office. He has some stories to tell.

starmac
11-18-2012, 05:34 PM
IIRC a couple years back a guy was drunk and mistakenly went in the wrong house. He was shot and killed (college kid). There was quite a whoop t doo about it. I never figured out how it was confirmed that he was just mistaken on which place was his or what his intentions were, as he didn't have a story to tell.
This was in colorado.

gew98
11-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Stop at a convenience store in the black section of a medium-size southern town--50k or so pop--and buy the local black newspaper if the town has one. They often print police reports verbatim as the victim et al wrote or dictated them. It is a hoot to read--think about it.

No doubt it's a hoot to read.... typical demorat voter education level !!!.

thegatman
11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Is it too late to move there? Sounds like a fun town. My town only has hookers and liberals.

Smitty's Retired
11-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Is it too late to move there? Sounds like a fun town. My town only has hookers and liberals.

Ummmmmmmmm, there's a difference????????????

Mk42gunner
11-18-2012, 11:35 PM
I kind of hate to say it; but when I was on my first ship, I had a subscription to my hometown newspaper to read the court news and keep up on people I knew.

It worked surprisingly well.

Robert

starbits
11-18-2012, 11:56 PM
3:29 p.m. Someone Saran wrapped a kid to a telephone pole on East Idaho Street. A police officer helped free him.

:bigsmyl2: Man that brings back memories.

Starbits

DHurtig
11-19-2012, 01:22 AM
I have seen a kid about 3 feet off the floor and duct taped to a wall. I'm a security officer at the largest high school in the state of South Dakota. We have 5 security people and 2 police liaison officers in the building and some days, we are just run ragged.. The pay is not bad compared to most jobs in this area, but the entertainment value of the job is off the chart. Dale

gkainz
11-19-2012, 01:34 AM
I didn't know Rapid now had the largest high school - would have bet Sioux Falls... Custer High alumni here.

smokeywolf
11-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Never had a problem herding the cattle that escaped from the local meat packing plant. Of course it helps if you have a P.A. speaker and push bars mounted on the front of your vehicle.

smokeywolf

DRNurse1
11-19-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't think you guys are taking this seriously! If we can't put a stop to such things, the next thing you know people will be dancing in public, and milking cows on Main Street!

What, you dont dance after milking your cow? What an odd town to live in.....LOL.

Jim Flinchbaugh
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Rick,
I better move! 2/3 of that list happened within a mile of me!

wallenba
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Slow day here in Detroit area. Usual child raped on way to school, murder, robberies, assualts. But that's just in city hall. Real action is outside.:kidding:
Sad thing is...it's not funny. Because all too regularly it's reported here.

waksupi
11-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Rick,
I better move! 2/3 of that list happened within a mile of me!

At least it is just a weird neighborhood, and not particularly dangerous!