PDA

View Full Version : 22lr jacketed postal shoot intrest?

BT Sniper
11-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Somewhere on this great sight there is a section regarding fun compition shoots, postal shoots and such. Can any one dirrect me to it? Last one I recall was a 22 cal cast boolit compition where targets where sent to "bullshop" (member here) I think it was, and winner of best group and one shot closest to bulls eye won prices. I put up a couple hundred of my best swaged bullets for a couple prizes.

I think it would be fun to do somthing like this with us swagers, what do you all think?

With the soon to be many new swagers with 22 cal swage kits soon to be in their hands it would certainly be a lot of fun and a good way to share best shooting loads and increase intrest in our hobby.

I was thinking a postal shoot with maybe best 5-10 shot group and one single shot closest to center bulls eye, both targets on same page so you coupld possibly shoot a great 10 shot group and foul up the closest to bulls eye shot amd visa-versa. Could be fun!

I was thinking any caliber so long as you use swaged bullets made from 22lr or 22mag/17hmr case for the jacket. Or we could limit it to strickly 22 cal.... there is lots of potential possibilities.

Probably have to wait till spring, give us time to make some bullets (and me time to finish your dies) and find our best loads.

Anything to increase the fun of making bullets and shooting.

What do you all think?

BT

See post #22 for simplified details of this potential fun compition.

BT Sniper
11-17-2012, 05:58 PM
and the best part...... I might be convinced to offer up a one step 40 cal die (or other varrious swage tools and equipment I got here) for prize if we get enough interest .

BT

TJF1
11-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Bt
it is at the top of the our town section
terry

scarry scarney
11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Sounds fun. I've never shot any postal shoots, and the last formal rifle match I shoot was way too long ago. Lets just say, cell phones hadn't been invented yet! I'd give it a try, but if my groups are too bad, I might not send it in!

algunjunkie
11-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Sounds great. Lets do it.

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 05:40 AM
I have 15+ customers waiting for me to finish these 22 cal dies for them (all of them will be recieving their first shipment by wednesday as I ship tomorrow). I don't know how many of them would be interested to complete in a friendly shoot like this but I think it would be a heck of a lot of fun. I am trying my best to get their dies to them by Christmas.

I would be happy to do all the ground work or set up for such a shoot/compition but not having ever particapated in such a shoot I'm looking for info and ideas.

For any of you that have had that chance to take part in shoots like this I'm looking for feed back on what worked, what didn't, what you recomend, what you liked, wht you didnt' and so on.

For starers here is what I'm thinking, all of this is just my thoughts and open to ideas or revision, shooters can use any caliber they wish so long as the bullet was swaged from a jacket made from 22lr, 22mag or 17hmr case. Future shoots can/could be held for differnt caliber/bullet/jacket combos. I would imagine this would open up calibers from .204-.257 and possibly .264 if there are any out there strething the 22 mag case that far, or possibly even 17s if anyone is drawing the 22lr down that much.

Shooter must load their own ammo but not necessarily have swaged the bullet themself. This means that for those of us that swage these bullets that have friends or fellow interested members that wish to take part, they could do so as long as it is bullets made from the previous staited jackets. I could see this could open up some lyability issues with shooters shooting bullets made by somone else........ well how does that differ from shooting bullets made by Nosler, Sierra, Barnes.... etc.? (yeah I know, those big boys pay the high insurance premimums for such lyability) I'm open to thoughts and opinions on this one. Heck I suppose there is even the possiblity that one could be firing ammo loaded by somone else even, like a wife, son, relitive, friend etc. that maybe shooting ammo loaded by yourself so long as agian the bullet used fits the requirement. I suppose the more shooters the better.

I would think any liability issues as far as that one goes would have to be agreed upon between the shooter and the one that gave them the bullets. Notice I said "gave" there will be no selling of bullets to members to compete unless that swager is licenced FFL-06 I think it is. To us swagers it would be the opertunity to introduce others to the benifits of shooting home made bullets and possibly the oportunity for a bit of braging rights for that swager if his bullets should happen to place well. I would think 100 bullets, possibly less depending on the gratitude of the swager, would be enough for anyone wanting to take part in a shoot like this. For those of us making these bullets, well you will all find out soon enough that it doesn't take long at all to gather a lot of these bullets. I might even have a few extra thousand bullets lying around.

Distance for the targets can of course be anything we agree upon. I would think for starters 100-200yrds max is plently. We can longer later.

Actual target would be agreed upon. There are a number of free targets on the web for us to pic from. Or a set number of targets could be mailed out, making it a bit more of a challenge to know you only have so many chances/targets to provide a scorable group with, or we could make it unlimited and let the shooters shoot as much as much and as many targets as they like till they get one they are happy with.

Then there is the actual compition. What sort of shoot shall we do? How many shots? how many targets? I recal the 22 cast boolit shoot was a best group and also one shot closest to center bulls eye with both targets printed on same page. Then only one page would be sent in to score. Sounds challenging and fun. One 5-10 shot group (depending on number agreed upon) and 1 shot closest to bulls eye. that would mean two targets on one page. Then you chose which page you wish to send in to be scored. Maybe you have a target with one target a perfect bull yet not so good group, maybe it is just the oposite with a great group but slight miss of the bull. That would leave us with 3 possible scores: best group, best one shot bulls eye and best combined on single target page entry.

I suppose you could add size of group + distance the one bullet hole is from center on the one shot closest to bulls eye target to get a combined score. imagine a .500 group and a one shot bullet hole .150 from bulls eye to give a combined score of .650" ????????

Anyway I think it would be a heck of a lot of fun. I would certainly complete. Heck I got a 223rem and a new 243 in the works with new 243 dies to try out soon. It would also have additional benifits to see what bullets made from various dies are capible of.

Time frame?? well I don't know? Off the top of my head.... March 1st? Sooner? later? depending on interst.

Shooters could post pics of their results as we go, or not and keep it all a supprise till the end but it might be more fun for everyone to see the results as we go. I don't know if that would discourage others if one posted a good group or drive teh others to attempt a better group?

I suppose we would have to leave it up to the honor system as to honesty in range and bullet used? I have thought of severial ways the sytem could be cheated and have come up with possible ideas to conteract such potential probems. So long as the comp is all fun and games and we are shooting only for braging rights then ......... well no real harm no real foul but I could see the possibility of somthing like this taking off if somone like myself or others where to offer substantial prizes or possible donations from others in future for prizes in which case I suppose one would have to have the target signed by fellow shooter or someone that can vouch for the person????? Might not work out well for those like myself that often shoot with no one else around. I don't know here?????

I would certainly like to see somthing like this take off. Maybe 3-4 shoots a year or more. I know previous potal shoots have had various degrees of sucess.

Again I welcome opinions and ideas from those interested wether you wish to shoot or would just like to see what can be done with swaged bullets like this.

BT

p.s. please forgive any spelling or gramitical errors of mine.... it is 2:30 in the morning!

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Forgot, not only a 223rem and a 243 in the works but also a 20-223 practical (223 rem necked down to .204) set of dies and riffles I am working on :)

lots of fun stuff to come from BTSniper llc.!

Lizard333
11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Could they be any boolit from a 22LR case? I guess what I am wondering is if we have to have made the boolits from your dies? Nothing personal, I just got started swaging with RCE's dies, as the time you weren't even making 22 dies. Would there be a weight limit on the bullets? I just finished a tack driver of a 223 Remington 700 and it has a 1/6.5 twist so I would have to be using a 80+ grain bullet. What about bases, would it be limited to flat base, or could you use a boat tail or rebated boat tail? Also, I take it you would print the target shoot at it, and mail it to a designated person to tally the score right?

This sounds like a ton of fun. I'm game if this gets off the ground.

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
By all means! this is an open invite to everyone, the more the better! I hope I didn't make it sound like only my dies could be used.... Heck no!

Any one that makes bullets from 22lr brass no matter what brand of dies they are, no matter what weight the bullet is, no matter what caliber gun, twist, make, etc.

It would be great if we could get bullets in compition from all of the die makers. Corbin, Blackmon, Neimi, Deutsch, Rorschach, RCE, Hollywood, Ch swage-o-matic, SAS, BTSniper, Kaine, Edge, back yard Joe, you made them yourself........ and any others I may have missed. If you can make or can get bullets made from 22lr/22mag/17hmr in any caliber I certainly welcome you to take part.

BT

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Any style bullet. Flat base, boat tail, rebated, doesn't matter for the moment. We can get more technical later if we want. To start with lets try to keep thing simple and fun yet challenging enough to be worth while and possibly rewarding enough to gather a lot of interest.

Yep, a certain target would be agreed upon and either sent out to shooters or they can print it themselfs. Shooter has at it! Decides which target they like best and sends it to whom ever for score.

I'm sure there is all sorts of fun we can have with this yet still keep it simple. We can even get technical later. Only thing I might cosider to add would possibly be different levels, such as maybe varmint riffle class, or addvanced (26" or longer barrel with varmint contour or bigger) and then maybe a hunter/sporter or beginer level with the lighter weight barrels at 24" or possibly even 22" and less with sproter size barrels or less??? I think unless we get a LOT of interest we will keep everything in teh same catigory/level to start with.

I'm up for suggestions and ideas.

BT

Bullshop
11-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh I hope I can find time to get involved. I dont have any swaging presses set up yet since we moved.
Had to set up to cast first. I just got home from a trip to Twin Falls Idaho to pick up a new to me mill and lathe so will be busy setting them up. Lord willing when I get them working I will set up some swaging presses.
Hope that leaves enough time!!! My little 221 Fireball is chomping at the bit for this one.
We had a lot of fun with the 22CB only match and I am sure this will be no different.

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear from you Bull shop. It was that shoot that I think we should taylor this one to. I would hope to host 3-4 of these matches every year. Do feel free to post thoughts and imput. I don't know how soon we will be able to get this first one off the ground. Spread the word.

Can you post us some links to that 22cb postal shoot?

Thanks

p.s. where is the new home located?

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Here is a link to the 22 cal cast boolit postal shoot.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?98998-postal-match-for-22cal-boolits-only

Check it out and the other fun postal shoots.

BT

MIBULLETS
11-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm interested. I like the idea of printing the targets out or having them mailed to us. I would select one range like 100 or 200 yds only. Let us know when and what we need to do. Thanks for trying to get this going BT!

Bullshop
11-19-2012, 08:16 PM
The only suggestion I would contribute is to keep the rules as simple as possible. Too many rules seems to kill the fun before it starts. If it sounds complicated they will not come.
Oh and having the group target and closest to center target combined on one print out is a good idea.
I would also like to mention to contestents that the fun is in participating and not necessarily winning. Send in your target what ever the results. To encourage participation its a good idea to keep at least one prize for a drawing from all target entries. That way even the lowest scoring target can still be a winner.
Um, I guess that was more than one suggestion so just call me silly.

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 10:36 PM
I'll try and difine the rules in one simple to read post then. Yep things should be simple.

I did think of one thing. How many of you out there only have a semi auto to participate in such an event with? Or also have a semi auto. Shoud there be a handycap? or seperate clase for semi auto vs. bolt guns? Someone would be have quite the braging rights with a open sight semi auto!

BT

algunjunkie
11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Might I suggest that you check out "smack the smiley". A postal contest that is right up your alley. And has everything that you are talking about. Great place to get some ideals.

http://www.smackthesmiley.com/

MUSTANG
11-19-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm in.[smilie=s:

1. I like the idea of the shooters printing for themselves a common Target for submission (Keep the postage down, we can all print or find a friend to print a target).

2. May I suggest that each Target submission include the following information:

• Bullet Swager
• Die Maker
• Bullet Weight in Grains
• Bullet Base Style (Flat Base, Boat Tail, Rebated Boat Tail, etc…)
• Nose Style Description (Open Tip, Lead Tip, Polymer Tip, etc..)
• Powder type & charge, with Primer used
• Rifle and caliber target was shot with

This would allow others to see where each shooter is having success with their bullet designs and load development.

3. I also like the idea of allowing those who do not currently swage bullets to enter the contest with bullets built by others. This may be a means of encouraging others to join the Swaging arena of bullet making.

Mustang

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 12:05 AM
I agree 100%

I'm looking at free targets. Got some options here. What do you guys think? These 4 so far seem to be the most logical choice for us. Which one do you guys like best?

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/Capture.png

or this one?

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/Capturetarget2.png

or

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/Capturetarget3.png

or

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/Capturetarget4.png

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 12:21 AM
# 3 I don't think will work. Not precise enough.

I like #4 with the space for us to right down the info

#2 would be a good one to be able to score closest to center.

#1 would work too but somthing about it seems a little "busy" to me?

clodhopper
11-20-2012, 12:46 AM
I am involved in a monthy shoot on another forum.
The only prize, is a list monthy. Someone gets chest beating rights when their name is on the top.
Each shooter scores their own, most of the more nerdly ones post a picture of their fired targets. Some do not post pics.
Self scorers could cheat, but it makes no diffrence as the prize is of no value.

What if, the very handsome prize (Thanks B.T.) was given to one person who sends in scores regularly, but chosen at random?
This would encourage more shooters to suffer the embarssment of entering mediocre scores, after the few very skilled, and prepared shooters post their very good targets. Choosing the prize winner at random would also discourage score cheating.

So is this a bench rest competition, or a competition that involves the manly pursuit of field shooting?

Any rifle from $15,000 bench restgun, to handi-rifle?

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Ok.

So define the rules and compitition. This is only my thoughts here. Please feel free to make suggestions. Nothing is in stone.

Distance = 100yrds

Calaber = your choice

Fire arm = anything goes, bolt action, varmint/target rigs, hunting riffle, pistol, semi auto, scoped, open sights, All will be clasified into same catigory.

Rest = Sure! The only thing we are grading is the target, feel free to shoot off hand if that is what you shoot best.

Bullet/projectile = has to be swaged using 22lr/22mag/17hmr cases for jackets. Any weight or style bullet is good to go. No commercial jackets or bullets. Can be bullets you made or made by others. Can be made from any set of dies you wish. For those that do not swage bullets yet, simply post interest here and we will figure out how to get you some bullets to load. Swagers are not allowed to profit from this fun shoot by attempting to sell bullets they made unless they have legal FFL-06 licence. Shooters are responsable for the safty of the loaded round. No liability should fall on the swager that made the projectiles.

Loaded ammo = Obviously has to be reloaded. Not necessarily by the shooter.

Eligibility = anyone can send in target. Encourage relitives, spose, friends, the more the better.

Target =

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/22calshoottargettake2.jpg

Target can be downloaded and printed out from this link

http://www.6mmbr.com/targets.html

Scoring Two 5 shot groups and one shot closest to center, three scorable targets total. All on same page in no paticular order. Center of red diamond will determine closest to center "one shot bulls eye." The two 5 shot groups can be anywhere on the page the shooter wishes but I recomend shooting for center of red diamond or center of grey circle. Shooter is free to shoot as many targets/pages as they wish till they are satisfied with one page to send in for scoring. NO SIGHTERS ALLOWED ON SCORABLE TARGET!

(I may be looking into having shooters fold target tightly in thirds with the bulls all lining up and one target exposed, then with their first shot shoot for the grey circle. Then unfold target and proceed to shoot for scores. There is a reason for this but I'm not sure it is needed amungst the honest members of this great sight. Maybe when/if the prizes are more substantial? We shall see.)

Lowest combined total inches for all three targets wins. Example..... one target has a 5 shot group of .500" the second target's 5 shot group is .400" and the third target with the one bullet hole is .200" from center. Add all three numbers together to get total score

.500 + .400 + .200 = final score of 1.100"

Awards I'll look for donations here from other various members and vendors of this sight. I think I can come up with a couple simple small flat rate boxs full of clean 22lr brass, maybe a bag of swaged or simply cast 22 cal cores, simple prizes for the winners.

Any real prizes of signifacant value will be awarded in a drawing with all participents elligable. I'll put one of my 40 cal improved CH one step dies up for a prize to be drawed for in this first shoot. In future shoots I'll have no problem coming up with possible derim dies and even possibly my 11 cavity core molds or other various goodies. :)

Additional "potential" (depending on # of donated items) scoring/prizes awarded for

Smallest group = group size for one of either of the 5 shot groups

One shot bulls eye = shortest distance from bullet hole to center of target. One shot only.

Deadline How about Feburary 1st 2013 for this first shoot? With hopfully more to follow every two months or sooner depending on interest.

Start time Shooters are ellegable to join in at any time up to the deadline so long as they get targets post marked by deadline date.

I'll determine who shall score the targets, I may vollenter as I consider myself uneligable for any of the prizes.

Shooters are encouraged to post pics, before, durning, or after the compition of anything they wish from the bullets they used to the gun they shot them from to their potential scorable targets.

I encourage all shooters to list all available data on the targets in the lines privided as well as any additional info. This will not only help out fellow shooters in obtaining potetnial accurate load data but also help those that are just getting into the hobby of swaging bullets.

Obviously all standard reloading precautions apply here and any data posted as such to any load data carries the standard precaution, "load was safe in shooter's gun but may not be in yours, work up all loads according to safe reloading practices and precasutions!"

I would like to show everyone interested the potential of these custom bullets we make. I think this has the potentioal to be a lot of fun as well as helpfull to all those interested in swaging their own. There are still many shooters out there that want to make these bullets but for some reason have not taken the first step. It is also an oportunity for those of use that don't get out and shoot enough that need a reason to do so. I challenge you all to show our fellow shooters what these bullets can do.

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Might I suggest that you check out "smack the smiley". A postal contest that is right up your alley. And has everything that you are talking about. Great place to get some ideals.

http://www.smackthesmiley.com/

Thaks for that info. We'll look into it more in depth as we go I'm sure. Looks like fun. I think we will start off a bit more simplistic first and then possibly move up to a fun looking shoot like that.

BT

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 03:24 AM
I may actually draw up a custom target in my AutoCad program that may incorperate all the best features of what we are trying to acomplish.

I'll see what I can come up with. Trying to post it online so you all can print it might be a challenge for me.

BT

badluther
11-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Sounds like fun! I suggest doing a 7 to 10 shot group, as statistically it is a better representation and more data points. Rest of it sounds great. OnTarget software using the ATC method could be used to find the best groups. As long as each target has something to "reference" for length, you would be GTG. BT, you could add that on your target if you are drawing one up.

Bullshop
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I think it better to have sepperate class for autos instead of a handicap. A well tuned ar needs no handicap.
For sure though if there are too many classes ther will be single contestents in some.
Its a tough comprimise. Maybe not a bad idea to just run everyone head to head no matter what they shoot. That way an iron sight shooter against a scope shooter will not expect to out shoot him but can make a good showing.
I think we did offer a handicap for iron sights in the 22 cb match.
I tried to stress that it was not all about being the top dog shooter as much as a way to share and compare information.
Also by having a drawing for some prizes even the iron sight shooter has as much chance as anyone as long as he/she sent in a target.
I wouldnt go with just group shooting either. By adding the closest to center target with a group target added another dimention to the contest. Sounds easy bet it was a bugger to get both to cooperate.

jixxerbill
11-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Do a drawing for all the prizes.. first place winner gets his name in hat 5 times ? second place finisher gets his name in hat 4 times, third place finisher 3 times ???? keep down on cheating and makes it more fun than anything else....Just my 2 cents...Bill

atom73
11-23-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm in, don't care about prizes or whatever. I just think it will be a fun way to work on my swaged bullet loads. Need to make it after march though, stillpretty chilly up here. A monthly league is also a good idea.

tbird1960
11-24-2012, 10:51 PM
It will be very interesting too see what swaged bullets will do. I make 6mm bullets.

BT Sniper
11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
I'll definatly be getting this shoot up and going very soon. Let me know if you guys find any targets you might wish to suggest we use. I found the 4 free ones online posted above. First thing we will do is agree on a target then we can iron out the finer details.

I think we will simply hold a drawing for all that particapate for any donated prizes. I'm sure I can come up with a 40 or 44 cal one step die, probably a flat rate box full of 22lr brass or 223 rem brass or somthing similar. Probably inquire with other vendors too.

Once we get everything going we can set a deadline. In future I'll want to make it often enough to keep everyone's intrest but spaced out enough to give eveyone time to do whatever is needed or mother nature to coperate. Probably every other month if we can. heck monthly would be fun bu I can afford to give out such prizes every month. Maybe it would be a monthly shoot for bragging rights then a "official" shoot for prizes maybe 3 times a year or so?

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting this up and going.

BT

BT Sniper
11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
I'll definatly be getting this shoot up and going very soon. Let me know if you guys find any targets you might wish to suggest we use. I found the 4 free ones online posted above. First thing we will do is agree on a target then we can iron out the finer details.

I think we will simply hold a drawing for all that particapate for any donated prizes. I'm sure I can come up with a 40 or 44 cal one step die, probably a flat rate box full of 22lr brass or 223 rem brass or somthing similar. Probably inquire with other vendors too.

Once we get everything going we can set a deadline. In future I'll want to make it often enough to keep everyone's intrest but spaced out enough to give eveyone time to do whatever is needed or mother nature to coperate. Probably every other month if we can. heck monthly would be fun bu I can afford to give out such prizes every month. Maybe it would be a monthly shoot for bragging rights then a "official" shoot for prizes maybe 3 times a year or so?

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting this up and going.

BT

newcastter
11-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Where do we sign up?

BT Sniper
11-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Follow this thread for details. I'm still working out the all the finer points.

BT

nhrifle
12-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Might be fun too if the current zombie craze was incorporated into the shoot. Say print out four predecided undead and place them at various distances to simulate an oncoming hoard? Only head shots count!

Bullshop
12-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Kinda hard to score zombies.

DRNurse1
12-02-2012, 03:13 AM
I saw pistols listed. Thanks! I am happy to receive and post the targets for this contest, I do not curently swage nor shoot those dificult to conceal long guns.

Good luck to all who enter. This should be duplicated in some fashion for the pistol gang.

BT Sniper
12-02-2012, 03:35 AM
I plan to have a pistol shoot too. There are probably more here swaging their own pistol caliber bullets then these 22 cal riffle bullets. Just a matter of figuring out the details and putting it together.

BT

BT Sniper
12-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok I think I got a great idea here.

What do you guys think of using this target?

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/22calshoottarget.png

Here is the link to the free target down load.

We can do two 5 shot groups and one shot closest to center.

This would give you three attampts at a bulls eye shot, you could pic the best one but then you would have to come back to teh other two targets for your 5 shot "group."

I think this would be a bit more fun/challenging/easier then one 10 shot group.

BT

nhrifle
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I like that target. What distance for the shoot?

firefly1957
12-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I like the idea of printing our own targets i will keep an eye on this thread as well as on facebook in the swaging page . Might just try with my XP-100 in .221 Fireball As i am not sure about my Rossi in 223 Remington after i "fixed it"!

BT Sniper
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I like it too.

100 yrds

I'll update post #22 with the simple rules. I think we are almost ready :)

Lizard333
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Ok I think I got a great idea here.

What do you guys think of using this target?

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/22calshoottarget.png

Here is the link to the free target down load.

We can do two 5 shot groups and one shot closest to center.

This would give you three attampts at a bulls eye shot, you could pic the best one but then you would have to come back to teh other two targets for your 5 shot "group."

I think this would be a bit more fun/challenging/easier then one 10 shot group.

BT

I like this target the best so far. Simple and to the point. I'm already working on some 90 HP rebated boat tails for my 1/6.5 twist Remington 700. This is going to be sweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BT Sniper
12-03-2012, 04:51 AM
I posted an offical thread for this first of hopfully many fun shoots to come. Please feel free to sign up with a simple reply in the new thread.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?173617-Friendly-compition-shoot-is-a-go!-Everyone-welcome!-Prizes!&p=1942613#post1942613

Thanks

Good shooting ans Swage On!

Brian

fredj338
12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I'll play, as soon as I get the rest of the dies & sort out the entire process. Thanks B

supe47
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
As will I.
Supe

BT Sniper
12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Yep! I figure most of you guys would love to participate. I'll certainly go as fast as I can to get your dies to you ASAP!

I figure I have a pretty good supply of extra 55 grain 22 cal bullets. If it looks like I'm going to be delayed I'll send a supply of bullets with all of your next shipments so you will be able to participate.

BT

plus1hdcp
12-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Sounds good