PDA

View Full Version : Blood lead level update

303Guy
11-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Got my third blood lead test result back today - Woo Hoo!
The level is now down to normal at 0.4 on a scale of zero to 0.5 µ mole/litre. [smilie=w:

swheeler
11-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Good! get the lead out 303

tomme boy
11-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Now go melt some lead and raise it up again!

JeffinNZ
11-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Well, no point harvesting your blood for casting anymore..... ;-)

facetious
11-16-2012, 05:31 AM
What did you have to do to get it down?

Revolver
11-16-2012, 07:52 AM
I see ads on TV for a water filter that snaps on your kitchen faucet. The lady says it "removes lead and other unwanted..."

[smilie=s: Glad to hear all better!

303Guy
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
I eat plenty raw salads and fruit. Can't say that's what did it, perhaps it was just time. I haven't touched lead since the first test, not because of the test but rather all the changes going on. It'll be a while before O can set up my casting stuff again. I do have a supply of cast boolits to play with in the meantime.

Rich22
11-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I eat plenty raw salads and fruit. Can't say that's what did it, perhaps it was just time. I haven't touched lead since the first test, not because of the test but rather all the changes going on. It'll be a while before O can set up my casting stuff again. I do have a supply of cast boolits to play with in the meantime.

Very nice, I am getting mine tested next month just for the heck of it, doubt I have ANYTHING to worry about considering all you guys are still alive and kicking. Good luck.

Rich

MtGun44
11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Not familar with micromole per litre units, all I have seen are milligrams per decaliter. On that
scale anything under 40 is just fine long term, although for children under 10 is the
recommended. The problem is that many docs are not to sharp on this area and scare folks
that have 20 by saying that they are "double the limit", etc. which is pretty much total
baloney.

Good for you, but without a comparison of scales, it is hard to know what your level
represented. Some health care folks are really not at all knowledgable on this topic, I
have been surprised to find.

Bill

tomme boy
11-17-2012, 09:33 PM
I have been going to University Of Iowa poison section. I am one of their test subjects right now. As I knew how I got my level up to 21. 40 is the magic number to be worried. They would actually start a treatment then. I have talked to probably 10 different interns to show them that you have to look and ask questions that someone would never think of. Mine came from tumbling brass with no cover. Had to explain that there is lead in the primers and from the erosion of the base of some bullets. Plus shooting inside with a poor ventilation. Tumbling the brass breaks some of the lead loose.

My number actually went to 24 on my last test. This was because of my cleaning of my area that I was tumbling. I was using a vacuum. I guess that is not the proper way to clean up. Wet rags is what I was told. I have to go back in Dec. to get blood drawn so we will see.

leadman
11-18-2012, 12:28 AM
When my BLL went up to 12 I had a strange taste in my mouth and my teeth felt different. I followed the Minnesota diet for children with high BLL and it went down fairly fast. Some people are more sensitive to changes.

I bought some of the ampules that you break the divider and it allows a liquid to mix. I swabbed my casting area and found lead over most of it. I build my "casting closet" and wore an alum. plate on the front of my shirt while I cast and made shot. I positioned a large fan in different spots and found that sucking the fumes away from me rather than blowing them away from behind was mush better. In the last test I had no lead from the pot to me, it was all from the pot to the fan.
My BLL is still low following this method.
These kits for swabbing for lead are available at Home Depot and probably elsewhere.

Glad your BLL is way down 303.

DLCTEX
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Shop Vac makes a bag that fits inside the can of the vacuum to filter the particles and trap them in the bag. There are two levels of efficiency, but the lesser one contains even drywall dust. I use it to clean the loading/casting bench area and my BLL is 1.

Lance Boyle
11-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, no point harvesting your blood for casting anymore..... ;-)

OK I laughed.

303Guy
11-23-2012, 04:18 PM
OK I laughed.Me too!:mrgreen: