PDA

View Full Version : First Time With a Glock

savage1r
11-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Hey all, I picked up my new G22 (along with a Walther P22) in trade for a Winchester 70 Stealth I had been trying to get rid of for a while (never really shot it). Last week I finally got a chance to get out on the range with my buddy and run my lead reloads though it (Wolf barrel, don't worry) and I had a great time. Obviously I'm not a great shot and I need to work on my technique quite a bit, but the gun was a dream to shoot, and, worked flawlessly! Check it out:

VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPJNDqicss)

x101airborne
11-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Nice video. Congrats.

xacex
11-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Good luck with the G22. I had one but couldn't get over the "feel". I love 1911's, and will just live with the handicaps they present. Let me know if you want another barrel. I have the long 40 cal for it, as well as the 357 sig, and 9mm conversion wolf barrels. The sig and 9mm were fun in it, but I never liked the "40" since its introduction. Tried a ruger in that cal when it came out, but I also had a 1911 delta elite in 10mm at the same time. The colt spoiled me I guess. Nice flat shooting gun. The 357 sig reminded me allot of the 10mm as far as ballistics, and damage to the target.

Shiloh
11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Trigger time and plenty of reloads will soon put them all in the black.
Nice video.

Shiloh

Dannix
11-16-2012, 01:09 AM
I had one but couldn't get over the "feel".
I'm kind of at the opposite end. I started with a Glock 19, and found I got extremely comfortable and confident with it.

Then I saw a arsenal refurbished FN Belgium Alloy Hi Power for way less than I'm used to seeing, and I jump since I had been perusing Steve Camp's website around that time and wanted to get to know this gun. Well my Hi Power's trigger is woefully awful, and my short initial efforts at loading a bootlit load for it have not yielded the same accuracy I've grown accustomed to with the Glock. And I found it ruined my muscle memory with my Glock. (Eyes closed, my muscle memory points my Glock high now.) I like how the Glock fits in the hand better too.

My ultimate problem is I can't bring myself to spend the money to get the Hi Power to the kind of shape I'd want it to be in to carry it or even just enjoy shooting it, specifically new trigger. But I also can't bring myself to get rid of it since there are only so many alloy Hi Powers out there, much less ones to be had at the price I got it. It sure is a beautiful sidearm.

garym1a2
11-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Shooting right for a lefty with a Glock is easy solved by a tap on the rear sight with a brass rod. Mine G22 required this. A Glock 22 with light 40 loads is also a good USPSA production setup. Mine went over the last 12 months with no FTF's. 600-800 rounds per month in 9mm and 40. Nice thing on the g22 is being able to goto the range and run 250 rounds thru the 40 barrel than pop it out and run another 200 round in 9mm.

wrench
11-16-2012, 12:01 PM
When I started shooting pistols, I hated Glocks, hated them. I shot 1911s, Browning Hipower, Beretta, Ruger, S&W, all kinds of pistols with no problems.
Well, then I bought a Glock 26, just to see what all the hype was about, you know?
Now I have four Glocks, I love them, and shoot them better than anything else I own.
I still like my other pistols, but if I've got to shoot well, fast, and accurate, my Glocks are the ones.
Glad you like yours:bigsmyl2:

MtGun44
11-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Glocks - love or hate. Doesn't seem to be much in between.

I tell my students to try one and see if they like it. I have, absolutely despise the
trigger pull and the grip angle is way wrong for my 1911 adapted wrist. I can
work with revolvers and many different semiautos, but the Glocks just don't
suit me at all, and the later gens with the bumps REALLY ruin the grip for my hand.

You can have all of my allotted Glocks.

They are generally reliable guns, and if I was forced to use one for self defense I
would use it with confidence in it in general, but it would be way down on my list
of favorites.

If it fits you and your trigger style, they are very popular.

Bill

rbuck351
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I too find the Glock doesn't point in the right spot when brought up from gaurd. It points high left. With a 1911 or my M28 S&W, I bring the gun up to where I'm looking and shoot when the front sight gets up to where I'm looking without having to twist the gun down and right to align the sights on target. I'm not to fond of the Glock triggers either. The Glocks I have shot have been accurate and reliable but they don't fit my hand well.