PDA

View Full Version : Smartreloader

Rustybob
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Anyone use the Smartreloader powder dispencer

trying2learn
11-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I haven't however I have been told horror stories of it. I did notice today that it looks almost identical to the lee one.

Some of the stories I was told included powder being caught in areas it was suppose to be in. Like behind the dial.

I would think that sonce for about the samd amount of money you can get the lee one I would suggest the lee.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ben
11-15-2012, 04:31 PM
If you know where it is made, that should tell you what you want to know.

Rustybob
11-15-2012, 05:43 PM
the web site says they are made in Italy,as i understand the rcbs is made by the chicoms

Ben
11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Rustybob

If you read the comments about Smartreloader products, you won't find many positive comments regardless of where they are made.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=76123

i understand the rcbs is made by the chicoms ? ? May or may not be, I can't say.

I can say that I've tried RCBS's customer service and it leaves nothing to be desired regardless of where the part is made.

11-15-2012, 06:30 PM
In today's global economy, my number one concern is product quality, and manufacturer and/or seller customer service, rather than where an item was made. And, though I prefer to buy American, it's not always an option.

Regardless of the seller and their customer service reputation, the quality of Smartreloader products have a notoriously poor reputation.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
11-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Here's a review of the smart loader powder dispenser, if that's the one you're looking for:

http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18826

Rustybob
11-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the info. Thats what I was looking for.Didnt find anything on it earlier.I have read some on the rcbs and lyman didnt know any on the other

jcwit
11-15-2012, 07:25 PM
the web site says they are made in Italy,as i understand the rcbs is made by the chicoms

smart reloader is an Italian Company merchandising products copied from U.S. manufactures and made by chinese workers/companies.

If you have a problem that is covered by warrenty you need to send the whatever to Italy.

Why not buy American?

seanhagerty
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
I have a smartreloader dispenser. It works fine. I had one that locked up on me, sent it back they sent a new one to me. No questions.

Stampede
11-16-2012, 07:32 AM
I use the Smartreloader dispenser, and it works like a charm and is up to 0,1gr accurate, I use the dispenser over 1,5year now without any problems and when you read the manual you can't go wrong.

The American produced dispensers set me back over $ 825 with ease for the cheapest one!!!!! And are not for sale and have to be specially ordered. A friend of mine has the RCBS dispenser and the Smartreloader is 100% clone. I´m happy with the clone.

By the way open up the housing of most US and European scales and dispencers, examen the PCB Boards closely and you are in for a surprise! Guess what: made in the USA or somewhere in Europe? Unfortunately not :-(

Stampede.