PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used one of these?

monadnock#5
06-14-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=094-113390&fromsearch=yes

Both Midsouth and Midway are running specials on this rest. I was hoping that someone who has used one might give an opinion as to whether it's worth the price of shipping.

longhorn
06-14-2007, 10:48 PM
I've never had any luck- or repeatable results- when bench testing handguns with anything hard under the butt resisting the natural "roll" of the hogleg. Barrel resting never made much sense anyway; my repeatable (note I didn't say respectable, necessarily!) results came when resting the frame itself, ahead of the trigger guard, on a very padded rest or sandbags and simultaneously resting my forearms (not wrists or hands) on sandbags. Anybody got other ideas? I'd gladly accept pointers!

9.3X62AL
06-14-2007, 11:45 PM
I rest forearms only on the bags when firing handguns from the bench.

Taylor
06-15-2007, 06:39 AM
My wife took a leg from a pair of jeans,sewed one shut,put a zipper on the other and filled it with kitter litter.I then lay it across my range box.Works just fine.

Bret4207
06-15-2007, 07:37 AM
New kitty litter or USED kitty litter?

Drifter
06-15-2007, 07:46 AM
I've had one of these rest for the last 3 yrs. or so and have been satisfied with it. To me it took a lot, but not all of the human error out of pistol shooting when working up a load. I used it quite often until I bought a Ransom Rest this past spring.
:drinks: Drifter

jhalcott
06-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Just do NOT use a sandbag to rest a revolver on! The cylinder gap can shred a bag in a few shots. Even a .22 rim fire pistol. I will rest the forearm of a contender on a padded front rest with MY fore arms on a bag or 2. When I use a Harris bipod on a single shot pistol, I put a strip of soft carpet under the feet. this SEEMS to reduce the jumping effect.